UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lunging Forward On The Lead

My problem is that when i walk both dogs together i let them of one at a time as there recall is better that way :rolleyes: but when Luckys of and Oni is back on the lead she lunges and pulls back then charges at 100mph to get to him :ohmy: not in an aggresive way but she has broken a harness doing this :mad: it also hurts my back and shoulders :(

when lucky is back on his lead she calms down and walks to heel. :) i have tried walking her in a dogmatic head collar but she gets so wound up that she can breath properly because she continuly pulls and lunges well rears like a pony and twists :( i have also tried her in a harness which she is better in but still a nightmare :ohmy: i have tried other face things but because she has a small but long muzzle they rub

also when she's of and luckys on lead she will run up to him and trys to get him to play and as hes on lead he knows he's not allowed to so doesn't this fustrates her and then she runs at him full pelt and nearly has him over and me at the same time :ohmy: if she does this i have been turning my back on her but shes so quick that she just changes direction

any advice on these problems would be good please :flowers:

Firstly if your dog is lunging on a head collar dont use one. They can do a lot of damage so stick to a harness.

I cant walk both of mine together for similar reasons. They are walked separately unless OH is with me to distract the 'offensive' dog away from the onlead one. :flowers:

I know its hard when you have two that dont walk together as we would wish. Is it possible to keep them both onlead if you walk them together, then take them out separately for another walk? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...