UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

New Rspca Laws

phoenix21

Sorry if has already been mentioned in another thread.

I for one think its great that they are bringing in new laws. I am again going to report the guy down the bottom of the lane who thinks its ok to keep his lab chained outside 24/7 with a carport for shelter. The dog is agressive and has escaped and attacked another lab a few weeks ago - I dont blame the dog - feel sorry for him, id go crazy if i was chained up all that time. Barney is a healthy weight etc and the rspca has been called out before but couldnt do anything as he had food, water and shelter. Ive seen him 'walked' once at about 6am and i watched the guy let the dog off and run up the road then back again and tye him back up. The dog used to be friendly - the guy lived there with his family then he got divorced. They used to have a black lab chained up as well - that was forever escaping and coming into our garden and id walk him back down and tye him up again saying hello to the yellow one as well. Dont know what happened to the black lab - presumably went with his wife :unsure:

Im hoping with these laws that come into force on friday that something can be done about him. :)

In two minds - yay for them being able to act a lot sooner than they previously have.....

Boo if they dont sharpen up their knowledge on various aspects of animal welfare (on another forum just discussing that a great many peoples horses would, according to the RSPCA's website, be classed as 'neglected'..... because they dont have a field shelter, they dont have loads of fresh grass - the RSPCA site says horses should be fed 'fresh hay', apples carrots and corn.....!!!!! Somewhat out of date that, fresh hay should never be fed, horses with or prone to laminitis need to stay away from lush grass......... etc etc)

I hope we dont see them barging in with all the powers to do loads of things...... and not the knowledge to make that sensible.