UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Purdie's Ears

Natpants

:( My poor Purdie-dog being such a cowbag, arrived at my house over 3 years ago with a sore ear as she'd been in a scrap, and the edges of one ear a bit battered and tattered. Since then she's damaged the other ear, and they break open constantly. They break open all the time and are very delicate, especially when she is excited (she shakes to calm herself and her flapping her ears against the top of her head breaks open the scabs) and also when she tries to rub her muzzle/headcollar/harness off by rubbing against things or hurling herself to the ground. It's been over 3 years now and even when they look completely healed, they just open up again when she's too vigorous (which is almost all the time).

I am really out of ideas. The vet is a bit dismissive as they aren't bad cuts but the mess they make is unbelievable - the blood goes all over the top of her head, under her chin, down her face and on her muzzle, people out walking must surely think I beat her! And of course when I try to clean her up she shakes her head as she hates having damp things on her, so it makes it worse, not to mention going all over my white sheets/sofas etc, although obviously that's the least of my worries.

Is there anything homeopathic/dietary supplement I can give her to help them heal?

Sounds to me as if her immune system needs boosting, as if it was working properly she'd have healed properly 3 years ago. I'd look at food etc, not give any chemical treatments, including vaccs which are only supposed to be given to 100% healthy dogs which she clearly is not, until she's sorted, and see a Homeopathic Vet who would be the best person to advise.

http://www.bahvs.com/

http://www.trusthomeopathy.org/trust/tru_over.html

Thanks, she was fed BARF for a while but it made no difference to her ears - the problem is they are so delicate that they don't get a chance to heal properly as she bashes them daily when she shakes them. Sometimes they heal for months at a time but then they break open again. We've got yet another vet check but the vet always comments on how good she looks (she does, she always loks great, everyone says so) so I don't honestly think it's anything majorly lacking diet wise but I'm wondering if she needs a supplement or if somethign added that's homepathic could help the healing process?