UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Should I Expect?

JACKYSIAN

I've enrolled Sidney in a training class, unfortunately I had to stop his fly-ball because of lack of time and as he's a very intelligent ( :unsure: )boy I think he's getting abit bored without something to stimulate his brain...my other 3 dogs can cope with 2 good walks a day and a house full of toys, but Sidney can't!!!! :rolleyes:

Anyway the lady taking the class has said that she thinks we'll be too advanced for the normal lesson's and has suggested we might want to try HWTM instead!!!! She thinks that Sidney will benefit from it more than he did the flyball because it will require more disapline, and control him rather than encourage his 'wacky' side!!! :laugh:

So my question is what should I expect from a HWTM class? Sidney is a total ball freak so will I be able to train him using it? Have to admit it's not something I would do by choice but if it will help with Sidneys behaviour then I'm willing to give it a go!!!

I don't go to a formal class for HTM - just get together with a group of friends.

We've all found it great for helping the dogs to think and stay focussed. And teaching them different movements helps them to stay supple and better balanced. Both my dogs love it which really surpised me. I didn't think that Cal would like it at all - but he does. And I never thought Katie would have enough concentration to manage a whole routine - she manages no problem.

Tracey xx

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately me and Sidney have decided that HWTM isn't are 'thing'...okay we were so utterly useless it was a joke!! :laugh: I kept falling over, he kept trying to eat the lead!! Sidney isn't that bothered about food, and after the first 10 minutes just couldn't see the point of following me round and started obsessing about the toys he could see in the corner of the room! :( So while it was a laugh, we'll be finding alternative pleasures!!! (Anyway he's excelled beyond my expectations in his clicker training classes and is taking his KC Bronze in a week or so, and I'm more than happy with that!!! :wink: )