UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Healing Thoughts Please

Hevvur

I hope it isn't one but tbh there are far worse things lumps can be - when my bullmastiff got one on his knee I was bloomin' pleased to find out it was a benign histiocytoma and not a malignant cancer.

I had it removed because he kept kocking it and it started to bleed a bit but only because he was under to be neutered otherwise the vet said its removal wasn't really necessary.

Caz

Yes, there are deffinately worse things, but she's had 2 removed from her feet already, aswell as another major op on another leg at the same time. And to keep having operations isn't great for her :(

She's not even 3 yet.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone.

We are off to the vets this afternoon.

The lump has gotten a bit bigger - and also split open a bit :(

I didn't take her for a walk yesterday or today, to rest it, so I know she hasn't walked on it and aggravated it.

The vet said hopefully it's just an abscess, and has given us antibiotics for a week.

The blood coming out of it was a little infected, and I have to bathe her foot in quite warm salt water.

She said to go back if it doesn't clear up, or if it goes away and comes back.

She loved it at the vets - as usual!

Got stroked from everyone there!

There was another Bullmastiff girly, but grumpy as she doesn't like the vets!

A schoolgirl and her Mum stroked Teagan and asked questions, and another couple of people stroked her too, and of course - she jumped up on the reception counter and got stroked from vet nurses!

I asked the vet if she thought Teagan looked in good shape, and she said she looks excellent.

She said her temperament is second to none, her coat is shiny, she has plenty of loose skin, is nice and lean, and has great muscles on her back legs :)

It makes me really proud when the vet says these things!