UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Say Hi To Jesse

LurcherGirl

Is the handsome Troy impressed with his new little brother cuddling in to his bum ? :laugh: :laugh:

Fiona xx

Troy and Dylan are always a grump when new puppies come into the house, but Troy tolerated Jesse around very quickly... We basically let him say hello when we brought Jesse home and that was it... Troy's face just said "oh no, not another one of these puppy things... " (we have fostered a couple of pups over the last two years). Both Dylan and Troy are funny about their personal space for a little while, but are now fine with Jesse, even if he bumps into them, the only thing Troy does not like is when Jesse bumps into or walks over his face, which is understandable... :laughingsmiley: Dylan has started playing with Jesse and Troy will try soon too I am sure (that'll be fun to supervise... :rolleyes: ).

Flash on the other hand has no problem with new dogs, although he showed some toy possissiveness which I have never seen in him before. He even does now from time to time, but Jesse backs off now, so that's fine. Flash is however playing lots with Jesse and has learnt to adjust his boisterous and rough lurcher play to little Jesse (well, most of the time anyway). I think the only thing that is stressing Flash out a little (or quite a lot actually) is the fact that he is worried that Jesse is leaving us again. Last time we had a puppy here for three days, he was absolutely devastated when she left and struggled with the loss for quite a few weeks... He has been a little weird over the last two weeks or so, and I think it might be because he is worried that Jesse is leaving us like the last pup (which of course he won't!).

I am happy with the progress of the pack... although it'll take time for everything to settle down completely, everyone is certainly comfortable and not overly stressed anymore.

Vera :biggrin:

Edited by LurcherGirl