UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

How Do I Find Out

Kimbas_mum

I live just South of Manchester (near Altrincham) and would love to try flyball, not sure which dog I would do it with, wither Kimba or Jasper (Dobie or GSP). Is there any limit to the size of dogs allowed to do it (large Dobie), does anyone know where my nearest club is and how I can contact them to find out about practise and how much it is likely to cost?

Thanks a lot knowledgeable peeps

Kat

Believe it or not, the team I run with is probably your closest team! There is no size limit - there are several rotties running in the sport at the moment, and I personally run my GSD and she does fine!!

We train near Hale/Ashley which is quite near Altrincham (I think) at a place called Ryecroft Farm :)

There isn't a weekly charge as such, (can't quite remember how it all works now - been ages since we've had a new person!!). I think you join the team and then training is free - you show up when you want and we work with you and your dog - there isn't a set course length as obviously some dogs pick it up quicker than others!! We train on a Saturday morning at 10.30 in the winter and then move to a weekday evening in the summer as we tend to be at shows most weekends in the summer.

You are more than welcome to come along to training, bring your dogs and have a go - if you like it and want to carry on, then you can join the team. If you decide it's not for you then that's fine. We're really laid back and easygoing!!

I'm Jayne! Take it you know where it is then! You drive up the long bumpy road and when you get into the farm yard bit, bear left and that takes you into our field. If there's noone there just wait and someone will be there soon (will try to get there on time this week!).

Coming the way I come (from Ashley way), there is a horsey place on the right hand side and then you go over a humpback bridge, round a bend and then it's the turning on the left. I've never gone straight ahead - there may be a little plant nursery thing :unsure: It is on Ashley Mill Lane though :D (heck, I've been driving there once a week for 2 years now - you'd have thought I could do better directions than that :rolleyes: :lol: )