UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Remedies For Dry Dog Pads?

dawnhughes

Skye my 16mth xgsd cut her front pad open last Sunday which to me looked like a spilt and is about 3/4inch long. The vet gave me antibiotics and said he wouldnt bandage it as it was infected and needed cleaning twice a day.

After having onlead walks all week (which she hates) I decided to chance her offlead again today and now her other front pad is bleeding :rolleyes: . She's still on antibiotics for her other pad and now I have two pads to wash twice aday in salty water. Luckily this one isnt as bad but both look to me like spilts rather than cuts from glass etc.. ? Both my mum and I wondered whether she has prehaps dry pads like we get dry hands? Do dogs get dry pads? She has never been bothered by them before?

Any suggestions on what I can use to help soften them and prevent her hurting her pads further in the future. Is there creams specifically for dogs pads? I'm going to have a root around on the internet now but wondered if anyone had experienced problems with their dogs pad's before?

Dawn x

Edited by dawnhughes