UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lovely Cottages In The Lake District

Anniegirl

We have just come back from a great week in the Lakes staying at Carrock Cottages, we took over the whole complex with 6 dogs and next year they have agreed to us bringing all 9 dogs in the family. Holly cottage is the only one with a garden (not secure) but there is a large courtyard for the dogs. There is excellent walking in Greystokes forest just a couple of minutes drive away.

All are an excellent standard but Holly was particularly good with a whirlpool bath and sky TV.

Also recommend the Green Veterinary Surgery in Skelton. Unfortunately my brothers 6 month King Charles Spaniel got bitten by one of my sisters dogs (scrap over a ball between two dogs and puppy got in the way) and got her muzzle damaged. They had an emergency appointment on Saturday night and the vet spent a long time explaining what had happened including getting out anatomy books to explain the differences between dogs and humans to my SIL who is a doctor. Honey then had an operation on Sunday (News Year Eve) and an after care appointment. The cost isn't important especially as she is insured but it only came to £250 which I was very impressed with and the care was excellent and Honey has made an great recovery.