UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Has Any One Got A Copy Of The Film

whilst chatting "shop*" with Joe Boosboss on the sliding doors thread I have remembered something else railway related that Mark and I have meant to ask for ages

back the early 1980s Mark was a station foreman at Watford Met station , which was used for the end of the film Harry's Game when the character Billy Downes played by Charlie from Casualty ( Derek Thompson ) travels by train out of London ( and off to do what ever his character was doing at the end of the film ) I think he might have been off to get a plane as Mark says the film crew put up signs for Heathrow in the booking office

Mark was payed the princely sum of £20 quid to sit in the ticket collectors box while they filmed the final scene again ( and again and again )

Mark has never seen the film ( and I saw it before I met him ) so if anyone has the film can you watch the last few minutes and see if the ticket collectors box is on film

Sam

P.s Mark did have a break from sitting in the box so if its seen and the chap is a young white chap its Mark and if its a older black chap that was Marks real ticket collector ( who also got paid for Mark to sit collecting his tickets :laugh: ) and if neither of them are in the film they both did really well getting paid extra for nothing

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Finally we found a clip on you tube

turns out the bit where Billy is doing a runner via a train was at the beginning and not the end ( I was thinking of another film ) and he does indeed travel to Watford via train to get a bus to take him on to Heathrow ( having murdered a government minister ) so mark was right about the Heathrow signs

we watched it and the bit where Billy crosses the ticket hall was cut out so Marks claim to fame is well a bit crap really

Mark is more than a bit gutted as he was hoping this could be a whole new career for him

scenes at Watford ( not starring Mark ) are from 4.58 onwards