UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bouncy Dog

teddmus

Hi

We are at the moment fostering a dog that had come from being in a rescue for 7 months and rehomed quite a few times due to "boistrous behaviour"

He's a lovely goofy lad and very friendly, when he wants to sit on you he's gonna sit on you and that's that which I don't mind if he's reasonably calm. Thing is when he is playing with our other two dogs he bounces all over the furniture and more importantly all over whoever is sat on it, as if you aren't there. The other night my youngest daughter got trampled on which left her with a big scratch on her shoulder. :(

How can we teach him to be a little calmer, not so giddy and that people are not to be bounced all over?

He's about 3 years old, approx. collie sized leggy cross breed.

Thanks

Guest scallywags

I have several dogs and a foster dog too. We only have a few house rules. They are fair to the dogs and easy to understand. One of them is that the lounge is for lounging in. :wink: Anyone that wants to play can go to the kitchen or the garden to do so.

They are usually chilled out and ready to relax by the time we retire to the lounge though. :)

The other thing to consider if he is overly boisterous is his diet. Some dogs can be a bit OTT as a result of chemicals and additives in their food. The dog I am fostering came with his food but I have weaned him on to the food of my choice because I have to live with him. :)

Edited by scallywags