UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Very Sore Paw :-(

pboae

Thanks all.

I got him a mikki boot today. It's OK for now, but it's not going to be a long term solution. It only just fits him and was a right palaver to get it on, and then he just tried to get it off again. I couln't make him wear 2 every day. I'm also a bit concerned as the seams inside felt a bit sharp to me, and it looked like they had rubbed his foot a bit. But I might be being paranoid, so I'll just keep an eye on it. I'll look into horse boots as well though!

Alexis, that's interesting because the vet said it could burst internally, because the outer skin is so tough calloused. I'm not sure about shaving it, as the patch is virtually bald already. How does shaving help?

Just to let you all know what's happening. We were back at the vets today, and his paw is starting to heal, but the vet re-opened it again :-( She said she can't risk it sealing across the top until it is healed inside, cos an infection could build up inside as the hole is so deep. She thinks it'll take about a month, so I have a huge pile of anti-biotics to keep him going and we have to keep going back to have it reopened untill it's healed inside.

He didn't want to go in the vets this time though, and he used to love going to the vets, I'll have to take him better treats next time.

He is definitely much brighter and more like his old self though. He's sleeping well and he less fidgety and stressy. We've been on a few short walks with his boot on, but I'll keep his exercise to a minimum for now. He's also hardly bothering his paw, which is really good as he does have a tendency to bite himself when he has a sore. So he's being very good and enjoying all the extra fuss. :biggrin: