UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Nosodes

jane-f

I recantly put my dogs on the Combination Nosode,which includes kennel cough in it, over the last week or so one of my dogs has been coughing(like theres somthing stuck there) on and off,but it's not been continus,took her to the vet's, and she's got a upper respotory infection and a bit of a high temp, so vet diagnosed kennel cough,and perscribed rimadyl 20mg and oxycare 250mg,

i explained that she'd not been near any other dogs (except my own) and that she was on the nosodes, and the vet told me that the nosode's could have caused it and to take her and keep her off them,and that my other dogs would have probably caught it aswell (but they have been fine),

has anyone ever experianced this, and should i take them off the nosodes,(which i'am reluctant to do),

dosage for the nosode is

1 tablet x 3 times daily for 3 days, then

1 tablet weekly for 6 weeks, then

1 tablet monthly for 6 months,

they have just finished the 1 tab for 6 weeks, and are due to go on the monthly one.

Sorry not able to confirm or deny if nosodes caused the kennel cough for definite.

So far I`ve not heard of a case where nosodes have caused it though . I use nosodes as a preventative if me or the dogs have been in contact with anything . And as a treatment if we get a kc infected dog in - in conjunction with conventional vet advise and anti biotics if there`s an infection present. Have found this method to be effective . Have only had one case with my own of upper respitory infection with one of my dogs but this was before we used nosodes. He was `backward` sneezing rather than the typical cough and no snotty nose.

It is said that nosodes cannot infect and are totally safe , they use tissue from an infected dog to produce the nosode after its been `cleaned` and diluted . So I guess in theory it sounds possible .

It is said that a dog can still catch kc but will get a milder version if vaxed with nosodes and if the immune system is weak. But you nor your dogs have not been in contact with kennel cough.

It might be worth posting the question on a homeopathic or holistic site .

thank's for that info :wink: ,we are thinking that she has caught

( "Bordetella " it can be transmitted for up

to three months by dogs that are not showing any signs of infection. These carrier dogs act as important sources of infection for susceptible, in-contact dogs. )

and seeing as they have never been near a dog showing any signs, it's the only possable explination

It might be worth posting the question on a homeopathic or holistic site

all ready done it and got some verry good advice,

http://forum4you.biz/forums/homeohealing.html

this is the one.

I haven't heard of nosodes causing kennel cough either, but that doesn't meant to say it's impossible. I gather that dogs can catch kennel cough without actually coming into physical contact with a dog suffering from KC though, so she could perhaps have caught it this way.

Hope she's feeling better soon :flowers:

Found a good article written by a homeopathic vet

http://www.altvetmed.org/articles/vaccinations.html

As far as I can gather there is no convincing evidence that they work in preventing diseases but that there is some that suggests that they may be effective in decreasing it and making recovery faster if they are given once people have been exposed to the illness or disease.

http://www.labbies.com/immun.htm

Thanks for the articles, they were verry informative,

the cough has nealy gone now, so hopfully this will be the last,

but we are going to keep her in for a while after it's gone just to

make sure that she dosnt pass it around.

Glad she`s nearly over it :)

I know of a case of kc caused by exposure to a recently KC vaxed dog. Is that a possible . The vaxed dog hadn`t been in direct contact with the other dog so it is assumed it was carried via a 2 footer . The vaxed dog didn`t show any signs of the illness.

Thankyou for the linky :flowers:

Glad she`s nearly over it :)

I know of a case of kc caused by exposure to a recently KC vaxed dog. Is that a possible . The vaxed dog hadn`t been in direct contact with the other dog so it is assumed it was carried via a 2 footer . The vaxed dog didn`t show any signs of the illness.

Thankyou for the linky :flowers:

The only way she could have got it is from one of my other's,as they have had more contact with

new dogs recantly,

puppy is a nurvous dog, and in situations gets verry frightend

by everything new,( it took me 10 minuites to get her in the vet's),

so everything has to be slow, so it's verry rare she gets to meet new dogs,

as she will just plonk her self down and wont move,untill she gets to know them,

tbh in all the years i've had dogs this is the first time i've had to deal with kc,

so it's been a bit of a learning curve,

thanks for all your help, :flowers:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
and seeing as they have never been near a dog showing any signs, it's the only possable explination

Dogs can be carriers of kennel cough without showing any signs... so unless she has not had any contact with other dogs at all and hasn't been anywhere where other dogs have been before, she could have picked it up easily from a dog without symptoms. Kennel cough is airborne and can be transmitted very easily.

Vera

Edited by LurcherGirl