UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Help Needed Swindon Area

owl

These 2 are thought to have been dumped. Brindle bitch who is lame with black dog who seems to be looking after her.

They are running around in the Summerford Common area between Brinkworth and Minety.

If anyone is able to help, I have a phone number for the local person who is trying to catch them.

You will need to ring Jane at the number I PMd you as she is co-ordinating it and will have details of where the dogs have been seen. Or PM Fee who I am sure knows more than I do, as all I am doing is finding volunteers.

OH is working in the morning so I won't be able to get there until tomorrow afternoon. I'll ring Jane in the morning to find out the score.

Does anyone have any experience catching nervous dogs - if so do you think taking another lurcher along would be a help or a hindrance?

Difficult to say Fee. The lad I caught out at South Marston took me 5 days of feeding, lying in the mud & sitting like a gnome in the middle of a field whilst he watched me from the furthest point he could. He would eat out of my hand, but not if I had a slip lead near it!

Another was so traumatised no-one could get near him and he had to be trapped.

Apparently the Brindle is quite interested but the black dog is a little more cagey. Jane said no-one had seen them today & she can't go up until Sunday. I'm hoping to go up in the morning as I have a transport run in the afternoon. Jane's got my mobile number & I've got yours so if anything happens I'll let you know.

Di

If it's anything like the sighthound-catching incidents I've been involved in before, it could be a long job and patience is the important thing. Wendy, thanks for suggestion, will PM Sarah. Apart from anything else we need people to keep a lookout in case they start moving and are seen elsewhere.

Is there a trap readily available in Swindon area in case you need one?