UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Handbags

snow

Well 14 days on and I still haven't got one rolleyes.gif I've found a couple that I like the look of but having never seen one in the flesh as it were I'm a wee bit suspicious about them (Kipling Bags) they are apparently nylon and fully washable with a furry gorrilla hanging on them but all the ones I have gone after on ebay have gone for a lot more than tightfisted me will pay for a 2nd hand nylon bag which I've never seen before wink.gif Mulberry do a range of bags that I like - but since I can't ever ever ever see me paying £600/£700 for a bag even if I won the euromillions thats of no real use to me laugh.gif I've haunted TKMaxx but had the same experience there that I'm finding everywhere - the "fashion" seems to be for so called shoulder bags to be the sort you shove under your armpit which I can't abide, or they are "festival" bags made from cotton or non waterproof materials and which are impractical for what I want/need.

The search goes on....

I love my Kipling bags, they are very practical, you can even stick tham in the washing machine :) If you look at the QVC website, they sometimes have video demos for the Kipling bags that they sell which makes it easier to find ones that you like on the internet :)

Edited by Gemstone

The one I have been after is The New Rita and I quite fancy a purpley one for a change but I keep getting out bid since I wont go over £30 for a 2nd hand one and they have all so far gone for closer to £40 wacko.gif I'm currently watching a Jata a Flick and a Brett laugh.gif quite like the flick but not sure about the snake fox pattern I like it but have to think whether it'll go with everything wink.gif

I've been haunting the QVC videos as everytime I find a new name/style of Kipling off I trot to see what it looks like etc. laugh.gif

I've been sniping laugh.gif but even then I'm getting outbid I had one bag on watch for 8 days - it ended last Sunday - with 10 mins to go top bid was £10.01 so I put in a snipe of £27.17 - the bag went for £36.96 rolleyes.gif I clearly wasn't the only one sniping laugh.gif

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll I now have a brand new Kipling handbag .... I should however never be allowed to use a tape measure to try and work out how big something is ever again rolleyes.gif "handbag" probably isn't an accurate description ... its more more like an over the shoulder suitcase it's fecking huge!! ohmy.gif laugh.gif

I got this one: which definately looks vietnam jungle appropriate laugh.gif

bag.jpg

When I say huge I DO mean HUGE all the stuff I listed in my first post will fit in it and it's wont even be a 1/4 full - this of course means hubby will be delighted as I can't say I don't have any room to carry his keys and wallet now wacko.gif it's large enough that my Fuji S5600 plus case will go in it as well as everything else and I'll still have more room in there for a spare pair of shoes or perhaps the contents of a small grocery shop wacko.gif laugh.gif thank goodness it's so light - tho it won't be when it's fully loaded thats fer damned sure ohmy.gif

Since I bought it new and paid close to full price for it - I'm flipping stuck with it now rolleyes.gif mind you I love the punk G'rilla and I do like the design of the bag and all the pockets which are perfect for my needs so I may look out for a smaller one as well.