UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Buddy, 9 Year Old Female Xbreed

charmun

My girl Buddy needs a new home, she is a medium sized x breed, possibly yellow lab, but with a pointy face and lovely soft blonde hair, she is 9 years old,microchipped, very friendly and affectionate, good with other dogs with sensible introduction, she lives with other dogs and shares her bed at the moment, she is used to cats but doesn't like kittens. Great off lead, loves to play fetch and go for walks, she can pull a bit at first with excitement. Buddy can be bouncy when excited and may knock a small child over, she would never hurt anyone intentionally so i think a home with children aged 8+ would be best. Buddy would like someone at home most of the time as she loves company, loves to cuddle up with you and give kisses (sometimes toothy kisses by accident.

We have had her for nearly 6 years, we moved to a larger property just over 2 years ago, our property borders a residential area for mentally handicapped adults who unfortunately for Buddy, make lots of strange noises that she can't understand or cope with, our neighbours who have lived here a lot longer than us say that this has been the worst year and don't even like to sit in their own garden because of the noise.

We have for the past 5 months tried DAP difussers, herbal remedies and rescue remedies but still Buddy is stressed, she has her tail between her legs and her eyes bulge, she will try to get back indoors and she has had loose motions through stress over this. I don't think it's fair to keep her dosed up on anything or for her to be afraid to go out incase she hears one of the residents. It has not been an easy decision to find Buddy a new home as she is a very much loved member of our family.

Buddy is on the oldies waiting list for a foster home but they do have a very long list and it may be some time until she gets a place in a home, i do hope someone will help us soon for Buddy's sake.

This is a private rehoming and if Buddy did find a new home and things didn't work out then we would take her back. Thankyou for reading.

Having trouble trying to post pictures please email me and i will send you pics of Buddy

[email protected]

Edited by charmun

thanks Cycas :)

i forgot to add that Buddy is neutered,she isn't on any medication and is fit and healthy.

i've just come in from shopping and Buddy is panting and slobbering like crazy, she won't leave our sides and has tried to scramble out of the door, luckily the glass hasn't broken.

I'm not keen on kenneling her but i may have to for her safety and sanity.

Edited by charmun

Thankfully i have had a reply to help Buddy, hoping to arrange transport and to take her as far as we can ourselves.

I just want to state that Buddy hs no problems now with men, she's not fussy who fusses her now.

Hi Angela

I am one of the Oldies Club rehoming team. I also foster dogs

sometimes, and have offered to take Buddy as an Oldies Club foster

dog. The snag is that I live in Cornwall near

Plymouth. I appreciate that this is quite a long way for her to

travel, particularly if we need to get volunteer transporters to help

out with moving Buddy.

I understand that she has had issues being nervous of men in the

past, it sounds like she's quite stressed at the moment anyway, and

being moved to a different home is not easy for any dog. It might

also be difficult to arrange transport if we need to use only female

volunteers.

Given what you said on The Refuge about how Buddy is coping, I

thought I'd drop you an email and ask how far you would be able to

transport Buddy? Would you be able to bring her as far as, say, Exeter?

If you feel this would be too far, or that a transport run using

volunteers would be too much for her, please let us know and we will

do our best to find a foster home that is closer for her.

Victoria Clare

Edited by charmun