UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Urgent Rescue Place Or Foster For 13 Year Old Gsd

Snook is a 13 year old long haired GSD who's owners are moving this weekend into accommodation where they can't take him. They have been trying for months to find somewhere for Snook with no success.

Snooks is said to have some weakness in his back legs, but otherwise to be in good health and condition. He is neutered and vaccinated.

He's currently living with two Yorkies and is fine with dogs in the home once introduced. Outside he can sometimes be barky with other dogs, but will soon settle if they don't bother him. He has never had any contact with cats.

Snook is said to be a happy-go-lucky dog, very obedient and quite lively for his age, he loves people and is great with children of all ages. He likes the car and is used to being left for 6-7 hours.

Can anyone offer Snook either a rescue place or a foster home on behalf of Oldies Club? He's currently in Cheshunt, Herts.

Just woke up at 3.30 with a brainwave as you do. Tomorrow morn I will ask my friend who sometimes fosters for me if she can help. No promises obviously, and it would mean getting him all the way to West Wales so if anyone in England can take this old fella it would be a better option.

:circle:

My lovely friend Cery, who has a soft spot for old sheps especially the fluffy ones, says she will be happy to foster this boy. (I fear you may need a crowbar to prise him away from her :laughingsmiley: )

We need to get him to Wales. I'm going to be in Cardiff area overnight - can anyone get him to J33 on M4 tomorrow then I can bring him back with me? Cery can't take him until Sun night as she is going to a show on Sunday, but he can kip at mine at Sat night as my girls are currently at the Barn and can stay another night.

If we work it that way it may mean I cant' help Amy on the stall on Sunday, but we will see how things go.

Alternatively, if you can get him a safe emergency berth in England for the weekend, I can go and fetch him from the border next week.

Edited by owl