UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Can Anyone Recommend A Dog Bed For Archie?

Yantan

He likes something he can snuggle into so I'd like one that is soft and squishy for him. He currently has an RSPCA one which fits the bill but is a bit thin I feel and it gets thinner and more lumpy with each wash.

I'd also like something that has a bit of longevity about it, that can be easily machine washed or otherwise cleaned.

Has anyone any recommendations :unsure: Thank you :flowers:

There is a seller on eBay that does fab waterproof dog beds - the inners are completely waterproof so don't retain any smells and any accidents can be cleaned off easily. They do retain their squishiness well, but for additional squishiness, I put a single duvet folded in quarters inside the cover as well (single duvet is the perfect size when folded up). The outer is waterproof and sturdy as well.

If you are interested I will have a look on eBay for the type of bed when I get in from work? flowers.gif

I also use the waterproof inners with the Danish Design cover which I just pop in the machine. If you prefer a softer outer cover, the seller also sells fleece covers with the waterproof inners, so you have various options. I've had my Danish Design covers for a few years now and they have plenty of wear in them still - the most recent bed I bought from the eBay seller is similar to them.

I will have a look on eBay for you when I get in. I will also take pics of the dog beds I use (both the eBay and Danish Design ones) so you can see what they look like flowers.gif They are tough as old boots (they need to be cos Milly has a good old scritch round with her paws before she snuggles down).

The added advantage of course is that when the duvet loses its squishiness you can just replace it very cheaply and still use the same cover. Probably only needs doing once a year and if you keep the waterproof inner on top of it, then it won't get wet or smelly either.

Edited by merledogs

This is the eBay seller :flowers: The service is excellent and they have always upgraded to next day delivery free of charge whenever I've used them.

I originally bought the 'ultra hardwearing' ones made with 'Samtex Diamond' fabric, but didn't like the covers as they were stiff (sort of like the stuff rucksacks are made of) so I took the waterproof innards out and put them inside their Danish Design covers.

This is the type I've bought most recently (but in black) - the inside isn't waterproof but the outside is completely waterproof so you don't need a waterproof duvet inside it. I have it in the boot of my car so it gets muddy paws on it and it just wipes clean (or you can hose it) :flowers:

That seller does do 'upgrades' on the inners so you can have it thicker (click on 'bolt ons') for a bit extra so you could email him and say that you want waterproof inners or whatever - I've always found him really helpful. They even do magnetic beds for a bit extra where they sew magnets inside the waterproof cover - I've got one of those for Milly.

The waterproof inners I have got are grey not purple, but same fabric.

If you want any more info or photos, just shout.

Edited by merledogs

ETA : I have just looked at the most recent one I bought and the inner does have a waterproof cover (like the blue type shown), but not the same fabric as the purple stuff shown in the 'bolt on' bit so you would need to ask if you want that type of fabric which is more 'rubbery'. If you are going for the Danish Design cover I would recommend the purple waterproof type cover :flowers: