UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Clicker Fun Day - Sunday, 10th May - Nettleham, Near Lincoln

Mrs B

Paddy Driscoll, Teamwork Training (www.teamworktraining.co.uk) holds a “Clicker Fun Day†every year to raise money for charity – different ones each year - and last year I won the raffle prize which allowed me to nominate one of the 'charities' and I chose .................... Wiccaweys. :)

This year the event is being held on Sunday, 10th May, 10.00 am to 4.00 pm at Nettleham Village Hall, Nettleham, near Lincoln, and the profits will be split between Wiccaweys and Wood Green. Nettleham by the way, is just off the A46, and is really easy to reach from the A1 (Newark) and the A46.

Paddy is a member of the APDT, is/has been involved in family dog training, obedience, agility, breed showing – and has also helped people competing in heelwork to music, and at the moment is working with someone training a dog to work with a disabled child, so her experience is varied.

The day should have something for everyone, and Paddy will be able to work with those new to clicker training as well as those who have lots of experience.

A place for a handler costs £20.00, with a limit of ten handler places being available; non-handler places cost £5.00.

This is a small event, but we do try to raise as much money as possible by having a raffle and refreshments as well as charging for the privilege of being there. :wink:

Just to give a little detail on the refreshments (I’ve been instructed by a Mod to say that Mrs B is involved with these :unsure: ) – in case this makes a difference between making the journey and not – there will be Jacket Potatoes, properly cooked in the oven, and nice crispy baguettes, served and filled with local home cooked roast beef, home cooked roast ham, Lincolnshire cheese, free range egg, tuna, salad and coleslaw. If the numbers are high enough, there might even be Quiche and/or Lincolnshire Ploughman’s

Home made biscuits, slices of cake, whole cakes and dog treats will definitely be available. And if there’s time, dog biscuits and dog muffins too.

It really would be great to see some of you there ……….

If you do want to come, you will need to contact Paddy at [email protected], or telephone 01522 694644 to book a place.

Mr Tigger may be making a guest appearance as a Wiccaweys boy. :)

A Moderator has kindly given me permission to post details of this event. :flowers:

• 1 month later...

I am shamelessly bumping this - I know Lincoln's not the easiest place to get to .......... from Land's End .................. but there are still a couple of handler places left, and loads of spectator places ..................... and I'm in serious danger of offering a one on one catering service if more folks don't sign up.

Don't forget ............. there will be cake ................. :biggrin:

Edited by Mrs B

Hi Mrs. B

Have you got or can you make a poster for the event that you could email to me?

Martin is going to Halfway Home's Fun Dog Show this Sunday (26th) with our Sootys Dog Stuff and it should be a great place to publicise your event, especially as their base (and the show) is at Collingham.

I have spoken to Val and she's happy for Martin to give out leaflets for you.

Hi Mrs. B

Have you got or can you make a poster for the event that you could email to me?

Martin is going to Halfway Home's Fun Dog Show this Sunday (26th) with our Sootys Dog Stuff and it should be a great place to publicise your event, especially as their base (and the show) is at Collingham.

I have spoken to Val and she's happy for Martin to give out leaflets for you.

There is a poster, yes.

If you would like to PM me your e-mail address, I'll whizz it over to you.

Thank you. :flowers:

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping again - one week to go ............. and there's one handler place left ............... and lots of non-handler places.

The advantage of being a non-handler is that you have more time to eat cake.

Now, is there anyone around here who's spent time eating my cake recently ....................................