UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Chasing

Dave

Hi guys

Need some advice again if at all possible, I have 3 dogs and the little one is the problem (again) :laugh: Ollie my little Papillon is a beautiful little dog.usually well behaved does at hes told. but does love to chase things when hes out, his recall is good offlead providing he doesnt see another dog, bike stake board or anything that is fun to chase, on a long line hes very good and doesnt put a paw wrong. I need to be able to control his desire to chase other dogs/bikes etc when hes off lead. How do I start this any ideas?

cheers

Hot water bottle, nocturnal curry and a ginger lurcher calling to me, off up the wooden hill to Bedlington Terriershire right this minute but give me a nudge tomorrow - code word "Clicker" and I'll know what you mean - mention "look at me" too. I think this can be very easily sorted plus provide unexpected extra fun and bonuses along the way.

Nighty night, sweet dreams :wavey:

Edited by Alison

I had the same problem with Jack, the spaniel in him loves to chase and the smell/sight of a rabbit made his normal good recall into total deaf ears. I found the wait command invaluable and as long as I anticipate the chase I can stop him, he has also become very fond of playing ball so that will distract him from anything else going on so if we are off lead in a rabbit area I take his ball with me. Over the last few months he has just got better and better and very rarely bombs off now, I use lots of praise as soon as he turns in my direction and a treat when he gets to me. He is a completely different dog off lead now and although he will have a good run about stays closer to me and comes back every now and then just in case there is a biscuit going!