UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Summer Champs

Anniegirl

Now all is good within our team again :biggrin: :biggrin: we are looking forward to the summer champs but really nervous because we are seeded first in div 1 :wacko: :wacko:

Unfortunately one of our first team dogs will probably not be there unless DEFRA lift all restrictions due to the foot and mouth. As they live on a farm they have been advised by DEFRA not to go. But we have just got a box from the USA which has improved the times of the other three dogs and one of the other dogs in the team did some cracking turns on it tonight so she will probably be the fourth dog. Of course none of my dogs are racing (they are all useless :biggrin: :biggrin: ) but still looking forward to it.

Who else is going to be there?

I'll be there with the hampshire harriers. We're seeded 2nd in div 4 but our start dog has only just come back into work after a muscle injury and we have no reserves so we're only racing for fun. For the first time ever our whole team is going to camp on saturday evening so i am really looking forwards to it! :biggrin:

Not us. Only the top team initially qualified (although speaking to Judy, all 3 teams would have qualified had we waited a few more days before deciding :angry: :rolleyes: ), so it was decided that we weren't going to go :angry:

We were wondering last night when looking at the running order why you were not there Jayne, your top team is doing so well at the moment I would have thought it would be enough incentive to go. Gives us a better chance though :biggrin:

I'll be there with the hampshire harriers. We're seeded 2nd in div 4 but our start dog has only just come back into work after a muscle injury and we have no reserves so we're only racing for fun. For the first time ever our whole team is going to camp on saturday evening so i am really looking forwards to it! :biggrin:

I look forward to meeting you, will Janine be there as well, we would love to have the chance to say thankyou in person for all her help when Pumps was ill. I think you are racing against one of our teams which OH is team captain for.

We were wondering last night when looking at the running order why you were not there Jayne, your top team is doing so well at the moment I would have thought it would be enough incentive to go. Gives us a better chance though :biggrin:

I know, never mind - didn't fancy the pressure of running in div 1 at the summer champs anyway :mellow:

I look forward to meeting you, will Janine be there as well, we would love to have the chance to say thankyou in person for all her help when Pumps was ill. I think you are racing against one of our teams which OH is team captain for.

I look forwards to meeting you too. Yes Janine will be there captaining our team as usual, and for the first time ever she will be camping at a flyball show! Which team is that?

I had better remember to pack my waterproofs and wellies, when we were last at Daventry earlier in the year the mud was absoloutly terrible, hopefully it will not be so bad this time. We are racing on Saturday so hopefully won't have to contend with thunder otherwise Kelsey would probably just run out of the ring and hide :rolleyes: We (Hotshots) are in Div 7, we started out as bottom seed but as some teams have pulled out we have moved up to 3rd from bottom.

I had better remember to pack my waterproofs and wellies, when we were last at Daventry earlier in the year the mud was absoloutly terrible, hopefully it will not be so bad this time. We are racing on Saturday so hopefully won't have to contend with thunder otherwise Kelsey would probably just run out of the ring and hide :rolleyes: We (Hotshots) are in Div 7, we started out as bottom seed but as some teams have pulled out we have moved up to 3rd from bottom.

cool so we are not at the bottom now thats good to now see you tomorrow!

Camping is fine at Daventry, nice flat field as it is a sports field. There is a large dog walking area at the back of the field and the club house is at the other end. There are normally plenty of toilets hired and the only real downside is you need to walk to the road to get water.