UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Flyball/agility Dog Owners...

cabbagepatch88

Hi,

We have been doing agility for 2 and a half years and did about 6 competions last year and have done 3 this year already.

We have been doing flyball since last June and we really enjoy it. Problem is now that flyball training happens on a Sunday. However, due to a commitment on Saturdays, when booking agility shows months in advance my Sundays have to be sacrificed, which means on average we've only been to flyball training once and month since January, and as the summer gets underway and other activites require attending our attendance will be slim to none.

Just wondered how everyone manages to balance doing training and competing in 2 disciplines on a regular basis?

Luckily for me i go to flyball training on a monday evening and agility on either a wed evening, fri morning or saturday depending on which club i am going to, so i have plenty of options. Shows don't often seem to clash too much so its not really been an issue. However i always give flyball priority as i am part of our main, fast team and i don't like letting the team down. Saying that i don't often get clears in agility anyway, so i'm not missing too much at agility shows!

• 2 months later...

Hahaha, start a sport that combines the two!

I'm lucky enough to have fly training on a Wednesday, agility training on Fridays and competitions are scheduled to avoid conflicts because of the small population :biggrin: There's not a lot I miss out on!

Diana