UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Winning Out Of Elementary

leonak

Well done Leonak :partytime:

This is taken from a KC open show schedule.

"All wins up to and including 7 days before the date of closing of entries shall be counted when entering for any class."

So if you won more than 7 days before the closing date, you cannot enter elementary.

If you won less than 7 days before the closing date, or after it had closed, you can.

So Bromsgrove - Yes :) Weald - No :cool:

Well done!

• 2 weeks later...

I've never won out of anything yet, but i have found that kc shows aren't very good about changing classes at the last minute. I accidently entered an intermediate class at one competition (wrote down wrong number) i phoned them in advance as soon as i got the running order but the secretary wasn't there to speak to so they told me to wait until the show. I asked on the saturday if i could change said class on the sunday as i am not eligible for intermediate - i'm still in elementary. THe answer was no, but i wan't allowed to run in that class nfc either, so i ended up loosing my money. (As it was on saturday evening she pulled her cruciate so we lost the whole day's runs anyway!) I know they've got to draw the line somewhere, but if you've paid for a run you should be allowed to run it (especially if they accepted the entry in the first place) or be refunded if they refuse.

I've never won out of anything yet, but i have found that kc shows aren't very good about changing classes at the last minute. I accidently entered an intermediate class at one competition (wrote down wrong number) i phoned them in advance as soon as i got the running order but the secretary wasn't there to speak to so they told me to wait until the show. I asked on the saturday if i could change said class on the sunday as i am not eligible for intermediate - i'm still in elementary. THe answer was no, but i wan't allowed to run in that class nfc either, so i ended up loosing my money. (As it was on saturday evening she pulled her cruciate so we lost the whole day's runs anyway!) I know they've got to draw the line somewhere, but if you've paid for a run you should be allowed to run it (especially if they accepted the entry in the first place) or be refunded if they refuse.

As a show secretary, I do have to point out that there is no provision under KC agility rules for a dog to run NFC.

I consider it the judge's discretion whether they will allow it. Some judges I would advise the competitor to ask, some I wouldn't.

Changing classes on the day because of a competitor's mistake (again against the rules but it happens) involves a lot of faffing about on the part of the organisers who will be under considerable pressure anyway and I wouldn't criticise anyone who refused to do it. They would be well within their rights.

Pam

i apreciate that but obviously my situation is different. its not my fault that we won out so i think with that in mind it would be nice to let me run nfc. il wait to hear what happens...in the mean time, its my big boys last chance to win out of elem this weekend, id much rather he did it than the bloody russle!

When I won out of elementary and starters, I rang the show sec of the shows I had entered which had not yet closed and managed to get a refund. I didn't ring the ones that had closed as obviously I was still able to run in them!

Unfortunately you won out of elementary before the closing date of Weald, therefore the best thing would have been to ask for a refund before entries closed. If everyone asked to run NFC in a class they were not eligible for, it would be completely unmanagable. I could come to Weald and run in Elementary and Starters!

As far as I know the only time people are switched into different classes is if their dogs measure out of their height; this is done with no dispute at all in my experience.

Sorry you are disappointed :flowers:

We all make mistakes - even me who should know better.

I think I may have entered Cedar in an Intermediate class instead of Juniors at Easington next weekend.

Not a problem as he's eligible and I will check with the Show Secretary when I get there (not first thing on Saturday) but if I have made a mistake and I'm told it can't be changed, then that's my fault, not theirs.

Pam

i know what you mean, i should have phoned earlyer really but still, it would be nice if i could run nfc...there are only 4 classes and its large dogs only, 2 elem, 2 starters so you see, id only go if i can run at least 3 as its such a long way. i dunno..i may end up going for 2 runs you never know..

i entered a novice agility once by mistake and was terrified but it was fine. i normally enter novice jumping but i entered 2 novices and one starters for some odd reason.

I may end up going for 2 runs you never know..

We're spoilt nowadays.

My first serious agility dog (now 6) is a medium and when we started, if there were midi classes at all, there were never more than 2.

Still only 2 at some shows, but at least we now have more dogs to make going to shows worthwhile.

Pam