UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ronnie

RONNIE

Ronnie is a 3.5 year old ex-racing greyhound boy. He is a lovely slender boy with a black tuxedo coat that will be so sleek and shiny when he loses the last of his kennel coat.

~ Personality ~

Dear Ronnie is such a sweet boy but is so very nervous. He has spent all his life in racing kennels so many of the common, every day sights and sounds that we take for granted are very frightening for him. It is obvious that he really wants to join in with the attention and fuss but is just too scared right now. Interacting closely with people is a new concept for this boy and he needs a bit of time to adjust to this new life. It is very sad to see such a lovely dog so scared and confused.

Ronnie.jpg

~ Other Animals ~

Ronnie is, however, very good and reliable with other dogs of all shapes and sizes. Going to a home with at least one other dog is a must for this boy as it will help him so much. He is quite comfortable with other dogs and given a calm, quiet environment we don’t think it will take too long for him to start to trust people. Ronnie has not been tested with cats but may be cat friendly – this test will be carried out in the near future.

Ronnie1.jpg

~ In the Home ~

Sweet Ronnie has just moved out of kennels and into a foster home. The close contact and loving TLC of a foster home is exactly what this boy needs to start to flourish. He is finding the transition quite scary but is starting relax now. We will update with his progress once he settles a bit more and starts to come out of himself. This super sweet boy is going to be a fantastic, rewarding addition to the right family. Ronnie would do best in a quieter home with at least one other dog and no young children who might potentially frighten him.

Ronnie2.jpg

~ Out and About ~

Like most greyhounds, Ronnie is not a high energy dog and does not need a huge amount of exercise. He will be content with two 30min walks a day and perhaps a chance to stretch his legs offlead in a safe area once or twice a week.

Ronnie3.jpg

~ Where Am I? ~

Ronnie is currently in foster care in Sudbury, UK. He can be homed anywhere in the UK, but please note that you will be required to travel to the foster home to meet and collect him.

~ Want To Adopt Me? ~

Ronnie is neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, de-flea'd and wormed and a homecheck will be required as part of the adoption procedure.

If you are interested in adopting Ronnie, please email me (Tam) on [email protected] for our adoption application form and information pack. Emails are usually replied to within 24 hrs. Thanks!

~~ KERRY GREYHOUND CONNECTION ~~

Kerry Greyhound Connection is a small voluntary organisation that has bases in Co. Kerry, Ireland and Norfolk, England. It operates through a network of volunteers spaced over Ireland, the UK and mainland Europe. We can look after approximately 70 greyhounds at any one time, in Ireland and the UK.

Each dog is neutered, vaccinated, microchipped and given a full veterinary check before being adopted.

We assess the suitability of all home offers, and we have homed greyhounds in Ireland, the UK, Central Europe and the USA.

Our Website: www.kerrygreyhounds.co.uk

If interested in one of our hounds, please EMAIL me for our adoption application form and information pack. Once you have filled in and returned the application form, we will then contact you via phone or email to discuss adopting one of our hounds in more detail.

I can be contacted through the following email:

Email: [email protected]

Emails are usually replied to within 24hrs.

Thank you.

Tam

KGC Volunteer