UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Ask Clive Anything Thread!

Abby

Since my Blog was closed down in a vicious attack of Mother-initiated-censorship I have much missed having an online presence.

I have therefore decided to offer my unique and indispensible services to Fugees the world over :cool:

Before we get started, a little about me. My name is Clive and I am a Cocker Spaniel, though not terribly spaniel like (for a start I am categorically Not a Ditz). I like to think of myself as a dog of the world, a ready participant in the global community, a connoisseur of the finer things in life, be they the most delicious meal you've ever eaten or a little bit of fluff you were delighted to find under the sofa.

Now I am 5 I like to think I have experienced enough of life to be of use to others in those little day to day quandries that get people (and animals!) into such a pickle. So if that sounds like you, pull up a chair and ask away. Anything, really anything. I will have something to say on the matter.

I care about you. Especially if you bring a chop. But even if you don't. Mostly.

My ears are always open and, believe me, they are big enough for Any Question :wink:

Edited by Abby

Dear Clive

I am very pleased to see you here on the refuge having read your blog biggrin.gif

I am not sure I know where to start with asking for advice as I have so many areas that could do you with help , I will get back to you when I can narrow the list down a bit

Sam

P,s I think Holly Squirrel fancies you by the way x x x

Dear Clive

May I first offer you this delightful chop I found in the fridge, its a little cold should I warm it up for you first :unsure:

Anyway my question is, My friend Wendy has booked for us to go ice skating on Christmas Eve, can you please advise me what clothes I should wear and how many times I am likely to fall over :unsure:

Kindest regards

Jane Torvill

Dear Clive

I am very pleased to see you here on the refuge having read your blog biggrin.gif

I am not sure I know where to start with asking for advice as I have so many areas that could do you with help , I will get back to you when I can narrow the list down a bit

Sam

P,s I think Holly Squirrel fancies you by the way x x x

My Dear Sam, thank you for the warm welcome. And fret not over your indecision, it is always good to ponder an issue carefully before committing yourself in print. I myself have occasionally been guilty of rushing into comment (generally about my unfortunate canine companion) which has got me into hot water. I commend your caution :flowers:

Please send my best to Holly Squirrel, I was just admiring her activity levels on her video.

Looking forward to chatting with you again.

Dear Clive

May I first offer you this delightful chop I found in the fridge, its a little cold should I warm it up for you first :unsure:

Anyway my question is, My friend Wendy has booked for us to go ice skating on Christmas Eve, can you please advise me what clothes I should wear and how many times I am likely to fall over :unsure:

Kindest regards

Jane Torvill

Jane, darling! How fabulous to hear from you! And did you say a chop? Please don't worry about heating it, I am game for anything and will gladly take it off your hands just as it is. You are very thoughtful.

With regard to the ice skating I would suggest a fully padded body suit, possibly with a faux fur trim (for that little touch of winter luxury), but definitely with matching armoured helmet. Also, take great care to protect your chin. Even delicate small chins that don't stick out can take a pounding on the ice and you must think of those Christmas photos!

If your backside is suitably paddded by nature, as is mine, I wouldn't recommend too much extra padding in that area or you might end up looking a little heavy at the rear and disturb your centre of gravity too much. You may however, wish to invest in some thermal knickers to protect delicate areas from the inevitable cold.

As for the falling over, well it all depends on how many (and I say this figuratively of course) balls you have, my dear. Confidence always wins the day in these situations. I may not have literal balls anymore, but I make up for it with gumption! Believe in yourself and you will probably not fall over more than once every couple of minutes, which would be an excellent result!

Of course, having four legs would be an advantage, but I think kitting yourself out in that way by Christmas Eve might be a stretch too far...

Enjoy your skating!

Clive x