UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Fundraising Idea At Last

dognabbit

Earlier this year I posted regarding this fundraising idea. It has taken this long to get the scheme and website up and running, apologies to everyone who were interested and waiting to taking part.

The website will be going live tonight, Friday 7th August, please take a look. The website is shown below, you won't need the username and password after tonight.

The next phases will be:

1) Split the sports away from Charities and put them on a new URL. www.sopportaclub.co.uk - some time Monday /Tuesday next week.

2) Email confirmation of purchase to person buying product, including all FSA paperwork and T&C`s and claims number - hopefully live over weekend at latest.

3) Online reporting for causes to see what deals have been done for them - within a month.

4) "Marketing centre" with samples of POS that Cause can add their logos to and print / email to people. - within a month

5) small changes to the words on each page to emphasize "transferrable and can be post dated to start in the future.

We have got a few "headline charities" committed such as Great Ormond Street Hospital and we are waiting on the National Trust and a few large household names and once we have these, a full press and tv advertising campaign will be undertaken, combined with advertising in Motorway Services, shopping centres and health clubs.

This is the email I am sending out;

Hi my name is Gary Thatcher,

I work for a company called JD Concepts.

We are launching a fundraising web site to raise monies for charities such as RSPCA, Great Ormond Street Hospital and several sporting associations such as the British Judo Association,L&R sports and Derbyshire cricket club. We believe that the income levels will run into £1,000`s to each cause and would like to talk to the you about our proposal.

Please could someone call or email me to discuss our ideas.

I have listed below the answers to a few questions that we have been asked by other Charities and associations who are taking up the option:

·    Your company details (including Registered Company Number) CEO/Director details and number of years trading Our Company is called JD Concepts Limited and our Co. Reg number is 4449324. Please visit our web site to see other information about us and what we do in the motor trade at present. We are authorised and approved by the FSA and also by the Ministry of Justice and the Office of Fair Trading.

·    More detail about your idea: specifically the fundraising mechanism, timing, how it will be communicated and the target audience. As a business, we "wholesale products to Motor Dealers, who in turn retail the product to the public and make a margin. In view of the volumes that we sell, we have very large buying power and can save buyers a lot of money, if we sold "Direct". The idea with "Cause Fundraising" is that we offer people a "Roadside Assistance Product" similar to The AA or RAC, provided by Mondial ( they look after BMW, Jaguar, Mini, Landrover etc). The 3 year product that we offer, will save people over £400 compared to The AA / RAC and for each product we sell, we will pay the chosen CAUSE a donation of £50 for a 2 year policy and £75 for a 3 year.

·    How much income you expect the initiative to earn for the charity We can't see a draw back with this offer for anyone and would hope that 1,000`s of people will want to save money, but donate at the same time and expect a minimum of £5,000 would be achieved with the correct level of marketing.

·    Your expectations of the charity – what do you want us to do? Minimal advertising in your current news letters and posters etc in reception areas. Maybe a link / page on your web site to our web page

·    Please also confirm if the opportunity would involve you supporting our charity alone, or a number of charities of which we may be one? We are currently working with a number of Sports clubs and associations and are talking to a number of major charities such as the RSPCA, National Trust, Olympics 2012 .

·   Web address? The web address is www.supportacause.co.uk username: demo password: jdc

Your Sincerely

Gary Thatcher

JD Concepts

07976 177082

WWW.JDCONCEPTS.CO.UK