UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rspca Great Ayton, Middlesbrough

phoenix21

Hi

Dont know if any one on here volunteers or works for Great Ayton in Middlesbrough? I was just looking for some info.

Basically, the kennels near my mum and dad in cumbria took in 12 dogs that the RSPCA had taken into their care. Around 3 weeks ago one of the ladies that works at the kennels contacted my parents about one of these dogs. She knew my mum and dad had lost their black lab, molly, 14 months previously so was wondering if they were interested in a male yellow lab they had in.

We went down to see him and my mum decided that she would like to have him although they were going on holiday at the end of the week so couldnt do anything until after then. It then emerged that the yellow lab was one of 6 dogs that the owner had not signed over to the RSPCA and so they would need to follow court procedures to get them signed over.

THe kennels gave the RSPCA my parents number to ring when there was any news and i think my parents were under the assumption that the dog would remain at the kennels near them until then. I went to pick our cats up from the same kennels today prior to my parents returning home on Monday and they said that the dog had now been moved to Great Ayton.

I just want to make sure that the dog hasnt been rehomed or anything yet as he was ideal for my parents. I think he was registered by the RSPCA as being called Sandy and is around 2 years old, unneutered male.

I will try and ring the centre tomorrow but wanted to see if on the off chance anyone worked there on here and could let me know so i can tell my parents what is happening.

Thanks very much

Vicky xxx