UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Trainer Helen Phillips Coming To London

Rileyroo

This flyer has landed in my inbox - I will be going for the weekend as it's almost on my doorstep and I have trained with Helen before (in fact I've been studying with her for the last year). If anyone starts reading and switches off at the word 'gundog' then I'm assured that anyone who does not want to work on gundog stuff (ie me and at least one other person that I know is going) will do separate activities. If anyone's interested PM me with your email address and I'll forward you the booking form. You can bring multiple dogs, but the dogs you're not working with must be happy to be left either in the car, or tethered at the side of the field. Cars will be parked in the shade right by where we're training so they can be left fully open if necessary.

International trainer and author of 'Clicker Gundog' Helen Phillips is coming to London to run a training weekend on Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th August, 2009.

This is a great opportunity to work with this very experienced and knowledgeable expert in the field of dog training. Helen has over a decade of experience in working and training dogs, is an established breeder of Hungarian Vizslas under the 'Costwoldawn' suffix, teaches a certified course on canine understanding and behaviour, is a principle trainer for the Learning About Dogs organisation as well as having her own training organisation and travels around the UK and the world running workshops and trainings for all types of dogs and their owners.

The training will cover gundog and field training as well as aspects of agility and social behaviour. The training is focused on creating a fun and postive training experience for both dog and owner. Helen's training uses a reward motivated based system, which ensures training is effective and dynamic.

Helen's training's offer us the chance to continue to develop the relationship we have with our canine friends by increasing understanding and communication between dog and owner.

The course is open to all levels - whether this is your first foray into training classes or if you are already an experienced trainer yourself - there will be something for everyone. Dogs of all breeds, ages and abilities are welcome, provided they are fit and healthy and able to be in an environment with other dogs.

The weekend will take place on Wimbledon Common (the Richardson Memorial Playing fields will be the base) and the course times are 10am - 5pm on Saturday 15th and 10am - 4.30pm on Sunday 16th. The cost of the weekend is £130 for a working place for you and your dog or £50 for a spectator place - for partners who want to come along and learn or those of you not bringing a dog but who want to discover more about training, techniques and canine communication and understanding.

Sounds very good indeed... would particularly love to do gundoggy stuff with my American Cocker, but I do classes on Saturday mornings and it's a bit on the expensive side at the moment. Will mull over this a bit longer and then come to a decision... :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Vera

Edited by LurcherGirl