UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Advice Please

Kimbas_mum

I am looking for a new waterproof coat for Jasper my pocket sized pointer dog so I thought I would ask the peeps on here for advice. The main problem I have is that he has a strange movement with one of his front legs in that he almost swims a bit with it cos of an old injury there so he tends to pull coats over to one side so they don't cover his bum anymore!!

In an ideal world I would also like a coat that covers the elbow area because that is where his old injury is so the dryer and warmer I can keep that bit the better. He is a typical mad bouncy GSP who runs round like an idiot with the rest of the pack so it has to be pretty hard wearing without being too bulky, plus the hounds all bounce all over each other so needs to be pretty secure.

Thanks for the help, here are a couple of piccies of the little lad for inspiration :wub: :wub:

Jasper:

070404_img_76661_std.jpg

070404_img_74101_std.jpg

070404_img_72251_std.jpg

Toastie has some coats that are basically a front, arms, and then do up with velcro down the back.. Not a very good description - imagine a back to front cardigan! That sort would probably be ideal for him as he can move his leg around however he wants and because the arms are elasticated it will not move the back to make him flash!

Think I got his from Pets at Home and one of the bargain shops...

I got Holly a coat from "buy1or2.com" It has elastic that goes round the back legs to stop it slipping, I had to lenghten it for Holly but it is lovely coat and keeps her warm and dry. They do all sizes and colours, Holly's photo in on thier customer page along with some other fugee dogs.

Hope you can get something for the boy.

Barbara