UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ok, Ever Knowing Fugees, Your Next Test.....

ClazUK

Hello ever knowing Fugees.....

It's my Mums birthday today and on Sunday my brother and I are taking our parents out for lunch. I suggested my Mum picks the location as it's her birthday and she's done a very scientific equidistant thing (50 miles for all of us).

Trouble is, I've never been to Thame, and finding a restaurant that will cater for 2 veggies, 1 ethical carnivore and 1 dustbin isn't going to be *that* easy at this short notice.

Can anyone please help?! :flowers:

I am reliably informed that the Green Dragon in Haddenham is good. Well, anywhere that puts their pudding menu online must be OK, mustn't it? Thinking about it the girl who recommends them is pudding mad.....

Not exactly Thame, but well worth the extra miles, it the Sun and Stars in Holyport, near Maidenhead. Fab food, excellent value, and mein host is just so enthusiastic about food. I guess it counts as a gastro pub, but at the unpretentious end of the scale. Everything is fresh and home cooked (except, I believe, the ice cream). The veggie options are so interesting many omnivores choose them.

Ruth

Thanks for these, Ruth. Haddenham is close to the area that we agreeded but Maidenhead is good for all of us, too. My brother is in Islington, my parents in Bucklebury (near the wolf place!) and I'm in Northampton. I've sent the URLs of both places to my family so they can have a shufty.