UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Gates

sjbno1

I have a 11mth old Lurcher who has just learn't to jump our lindem dog gate. :rolleyes:

He never used to be able to jump it but now has mastered the art.

Please can anyone let me know what they do with there big dogs?

I currently have the dog gate between the kitchen and front room, as in the afternoons when we're at work our lurcher goes in the kitchen and our JR goes in the front room. I have to keep them seperated as the Lurcher tends to jump all over our JR if not supervised, and the lurcher is currently chewing everything.. :wacko:

Any advice would be much appreciated as I would like to avoid putting a door up as I think its nice for the dogs too see each other when we're not there, but they are only left for a maximum of 4 hours so maybe it would be ok? and I also think that the pup may howl, as he'll be thinking that hes on his own. :unsure:

I did think about doing that, but my hubby is just over 6ft so would be forever crouching down :laugh:

I may have to try it as I think a door is out of the question :rolleyes:

Put the 2nd gate upside down, he will probably still have to stoop but shouldn't be too bad.

Our baby gate opens completely, like a garden gate (similar to this: baby gate ) so no need for stooping at all & two would work well. You can get taller dog gates here: Tall dog gates which are 42'' tall.

We use a baby gate and a door - the gate protects the door from scratching etc & adds extra security when we're out.

The tall gate is the one we have already which he now clears.

We went out for a couple of hours last night and shut Vito in the kitchen and Murphy in the front room but when we got back there were both in the front room :rolleyes:

Anyway the dogs were both fine together = just slept so think we might give them a trial of being in together - but going to puppy proof the front room first thats my job today :wacko:

If it doesn't work it will be gate upside down etc :wacko: