UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ooops.. Done It Again

Ramsey

Well you might remember that in the summer I decided to give Hairy Harry a hair cut.

Now although he is technically my parents dog he seems to have become my responsibility (except when it pleases them) so I did the haircut at my mums specific instructions not to last time and she hit the roof :unsure:

Well.. Ive just done it again :wink:

Id told her if they keep up with his grooming so he doesnt get into a mess I wont cut it again.

But they didnt and I strongly feel that its not fair on Harry to be dirty and matted, he hates being brushed and like recently when hes unwell due to his grand old age of 14 and a half and had a dirty bum its me that has to clean him up.

So... after last time when I thought it wasnt too bad (bit choppy) except for cutting his ears into a girly bob shape and lookin stoooopdid I think ive done better in some ways and not so good in others this time and need your honest opinion/advice :unsure:

Normal, full coat

Harry1.jpg

1st Cut attempt (now i look at it, worse than i remember :laugh:)

Harrycutsm.jpg

Todays Attempt

Cut1sm.jpg

Cut2sm.jpg

Sitcutsm.jpg

bumsm.jpg

Its kind of turned out as a bizare long on the face, short front, long middle, short back and long tail :wacko:

I think the worst bit is the bum :unsure: It was already short underneath because id cut a lot of matting out the first time when it was really bad but the fur on his back legs/bum is like thick wool and matts badly and i think i cut it a little shorter than intended really and had to go with it :wink:

Also cut it a little shorter than intended around the front but its quite curly there and gets matted under his collar

I did cut his tail quite a bit but still looks odd being soft and feathery against the really short wooly fur on his bum.

Pretty pleased that i managed to layer his ears this time and not cut it into a bob again.

Darent cut the middle any shorter because im already going to be in the dog house when they see him :unsure: lol

So.. overall I 'think' I like it. Tomorrow is going to be bath day now all the matts are out to get all the winters mud and dirt out and then hell probably feel a lot lighter and be much more managable :happy:

....I think it makes him look a lot younger, this could be a pic of a pup but the old boy is 14 and a half now!!

Cut3sm.jpg funny... looks like theres terrier under that collie exterior now too

Edited by Ramsey

I had a real bonding day with the dogs and bunnies today. No work, unpluged the phones and sat on the floor with my fury family spending some quality time with them.

And I just HAD to share this too.

After failing to get Mich into Scrufts last year and being told it came down to the state of his teeth I have been using 'stuff' in his food to break down the plaque but any attempts at brushing with a toothbrush has not gone well and made me very unpopular.

But.. today I risked losing a digit and used this lil rubber finger cover with rubber 'brissles' on the end and yummy doggy toothpaste and after some initial complaints we both really started to enjoy cleaning his toothy pegs! :huh:

I know it sounds wierd but it was a really lovely experience to share with him and really felt like we were bonding and he loved it so much he didnt want to stop. :wub:

He was so gentle and waited for me to brush his teeth in turn so he could lick it all clean after and do it all over again.

*proud mummy moment*

toothbrushsm.jpg

Edited by Ramsey

Harry's lookin gooooood.....

Mich is lookin.........concerned.

Top tip here..... the more you cut harrys coat the worse it will matt cos the undercoat and top coat will be the same length...... use a coat king which will thin a leetle, and cut a leetle, and use thinning scissors as well nad you wont get the choppy look(in fact you could also use them to keep on top of his trim, and your parents might not notice what you are up to!).... and the coat will be less likely to matt (it will still matt a bit though).... also if there are matts, cut carefully up them, vertically rather than straight across as you can often tease them out saving chopping a big line..... a hyooge handful of cheesey treats or something and Harry should forgive you!

Can you tell ive been hacking lumps out of my friends collie x and also her cat lately?? grr.