UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Pet Insurance

geniegembob

UPDATE:

The date of the first problem with Elsa was 12th February, I rang E&L that day and requested a claims form - it took about 4 days to get to me, then I took a few days to go to the vets (took it back when I had an appointment). Today I got the settlement.

So to be honest, I have had no problem with them - I also have another claim which is in the process of being finalised for Bliss (had a very expensive month for Vet bills and problems in February!!) which I can expect to receive in the next week or so. (Bliss was an emergency case on Sunday 25th Feb)

Someone said that vets wont accept direct payment because of E&L's bad reputation. Whilst that may be right, I can also say that my vet never even ASKED who I was insured with and just said that I was to pay the bill and then claim it back from my insurers myself - so it wouldn't have mattered in my case which insurance company I was with.

Also, not sure if it's relevant, but I spoke to an E&L customer services rep the other day (enquiring about state of play with claims!) and he told me that the "Animal Friends" claims are usually dealt with very quickly and I dont think they've done bad at all.

All in all, I have had no problems with Animal Friends Insurance / E&L at all!

Lynn