UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Found - Male Brindle Staffie

Brindlebabe

CROSSPOSTED

On my way to work this morning i found a bull terrier running around on the road. i managed to stop the traffic and get him into my car. I rang the police to give his details and he is now at my house as he seems well cared for so am hoping someone will claim him asap. He is a friendly chap so someone must be missing him!!

Please cross post these details in appropriate places

thanks x

Male

Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Brindle

No collar

Found Vesper Road, Kirkstall, Leeds, West Yorkshire 7am

Origin of post here

No one has claimed the poor lad yet. The police gave me a contact of a woman who had lost a staffy in the same area and it sounded promising so i rang her back at 5pm and she had decided he wasn't her dog as she said her dog was black with only one white poor even though i had described him fully earlier on so that was a day wasted in trying to sort him out

Andy had a busy day taking them all on seperate walks (just in case). I got in from work at 8pm but had had rung police and dog warden in my break. The dog warden came this morning and scanned him for a chip but he doesn't have one . Their policy is to put them in viewing kennels for 10 days then if they are not rehomed they are PTS. I was hoping one of my relatives could foster him until i found his owner or got him into a rescue as he already has a staffy x but we both felt the two of them together may be t0o much.

I am off for the weekend so that will now be spent doing posters. He is a lovely boy that knows commands, is house trained and gets on well with other dogs.He is also castrated which i didn't mention before. He has been on two walks with my lot and has been so good (as have mine strangely enough). Even Milo was ok and he is grumpy as anything. We kept him on a lead in the lounge last night though just in case and Benjamin Bunny is under house arrest for his own safety. Andy and the dog slept in spare room as i didn't want any night time shennanigans .

i don't know what to call him and feel awful shouting oy at him!! He does have a lovely Rolls Royce collar on now which you only get if you buy a roller, i don't have one before you ask...lol, but my relative gave me it so he looks a very handsome boy.

Thanks for all the x posting. he is now on dogs lost and his details have been forwarded to some staffy sites as well as with the police and dog warden so i fail to see what else i cando but it would be a crying shame if he was PTSso fingers crossed.

P.S please ignore the decor in the photo as i havn't decorated this room yet

staffy.jpg

I live in New Farnley, if you can pm the poster you are doing ASAP, I can print some out at work and post them around the area I live in. I'm not able to print them out at home. Cheers

Just noticed your offline, still send the poster and I will do it Monday.

Edited by yena

Hi. This boy is currently staying with me. Sadly he doesnt get on well with cats so is still looking for a foster home. He is absolutly great with other dogs and kids and gets on with Kye fantasticly. He is nuetered, has a slight skin problem with redness. Im currently treating him fo this. I have wormed him also. he has vert sore paws with a few blisters on, Looks like he could of been wandering a while and he constantly licks them. I am putting socks on them to discourage this. This boy who we have named Koda (and he responds to) is a real diamond and gem. He is house trained, doesnt chew or destroy the house when left (though not left him no more than 45 minutes) He is very obiendant, sits, paw, lays etc... very loving and just wants to please and be next to you. He gets on well with other dogs and children. The impression we get is he is from a family home and now starting to think though found in Leeds maybe not from that area. I cant really say anymore as he is such a babe no words can describe it.

If you can help with fostering him please contact me but He cannot be around Cats im afraid.

Some pictures from here.

kod4.jpg

kod3.jpg

kod2.jpg

kod1.jpg

Him & Kye cuddling in front of fire

cuddles2.jpg

He's gorgeous :wub: ; hope someone comes forward to claim him soon, so sad as it sounds as tho he was in a loved family home? If not, then hope he finds a cat-free home/foster home quickly.

P.S. Is the 'Found' section the best place to be advertising him if you're looking for a foster, wouldn't it be best to duplicate to elswhere, e.g. private rehoming, too? just a thought.

Edited by chrissie

Hi. Yes he is a lovely dog, he and my eldest boy have bonded so much so its going to be tough when he has to go.

I wasnt sure where to pu this at 1st really and with him being found I thought here. We dont want permanant rehoming quite yet as were hoping we can find his family. Wouldnt want to re home him and then his owners are found :unsure: Also if it come to rehoming I think we would after hand him over to the professionals there and would need to definatly contact rescue. Were trying to give him a chance 1st, maybe its wishful thinking but you never know. A lady saw him on dog lost and thought it was her dog, they looked simular almost identical but the picture was hard to tell. We spoke for along time on the phone and even the uniqie personality seemd to match up. Sadly though it turned out it wasnt her boy, she was even willing to travel straight up from London to see him. Her boy was stolen 7 weeks ago.

Edited by Staffordworld

• 3 weeks later...

Just a update on this little staffie boy, it appears he's found his forever home. :biggrin:

Quote of email received

"As no one has yet come forward to claim Max i took him to his new foster/forever home on Wednesday. He can officially be rehomed on the 27th Dec, 28 days after i found him but he is going to have his boosters and microchip this week as it seems highly unlikely that his original owners are going to come forward. Paul and John his new dads absolutley adore him already and he has been getting on well with Sam their other dog despite a shaky start (on Sam's part not Max's!!) The sad news is that Sam has a tumour on his leg which ruptured on Saturday. He was rushed to the vet with a raging temperature and they discovered he was suffering the onset of scepticemia. Paul said that the tumour had doubled in size within a day and the vet had said that as the skin wasn't healthy enough they would be unable to remove it as there would be no good skin to suture together. The alternative was to amputate his leg but as he is now 14 years he has severe arthritis in his back legs so Paul feels that this isn't an option as then Sam wouldn't be able to get around. The other option they were given at the weekend sadly is to be PTS. Sam has rallied a little and his temp is down but he remains in doggy hospital where they will make a decision tomorrow. It is such sad news as within a few days Max and Sam had become friends and Max's presence had encouraged Sam to be more mobile. They were even sharing the same bed as Max is such a snuggler of a dog. Fate and the Lord works in mysterious ways it would seem as they are given a dog only to have the possibility that there other dog may be taken away. Whatever Sam's outcome though Max will be truely loved and cherished. Their house is massive as is a coverted warehouse (actually 2 as they own next door as well) so Max has plenty of space to run around and paul works from home most of the time so he will have lots of company. He is a very lucky dog and it seems he will have a happy home for christmas. Thank you so much for your support and offer of help as he is such a lovely boy. If you want to update people on the Refuge as to his story then please feel free. Merry Christmas Kirsty

xmas card pic"

Update of Sam

"Hi Maria,sadly Sam went to the bridge over Christmas. I only hope that max has brought them some comfort. Today is max's official rehoming day as his 28 days as a foster are now up. If you click on the link you will see max's story in pictures. Feel free to post it on the website. Hope you had a great christmas and looking forwad to the new year. Keep up the good work and don't forget...if you need any help in the future give me a yell xxxxxxxx

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=1d178da631f8bfe42f3b92&skin_id=0&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Edited by yena