UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rules Question

LyndaTaylor

Starters is in theory outside BFA rules so that is why you can't find anything (this might be changing though). Custom is that they don't, mainly because it is too much for the dog, although I am sure many dogs would disagree :biggrin: .

We sometimes have Annie in sanctioned on one day and in starters the next day but she doesn't tend to run in actual races we just use the warm ups in the vain hope that one day she will get it right :rolleyes: .

Thanks for that. We having a bit of a disaster for Eggborough in that its our first ever division race and we also have a starters team entered but we're also having all kinds of problems with dogs not being well or unavailable and having a couple of "high energy" dogs I wondered if it might be an option!

Lynda

If you need to make up a team for sanctioned which means your starter team is short of dogs you could always see if anyone has a spare dog to run. Usually there is no problem filling spare starter spaces ask Betty to make an anouncement. I don't think we have a starter team in so you might be able to borrow Annie (although she is a total pain) if you want her. We are doing the photography at Eggborough so will be easy to find.

Which team are you with?

If you need to make up a team for sanctioned which means your starter team is short of dogs you could always see if anyone has a spare dog to run. Usually there is no problem filling spare starter spaces ask Betty to make an anouncement. I don't think we have a starter team in so you might be able to borrow Annie (although she is a total pain) if you want her. We are doing the photography at Eggborough so will be easy to find.

Which team are you with?

Hi,

Its the Bishop Burton Teams. Pauline, Riotus_UK, is our Team Manager, who is also having a nightmare with her van breaking down and Sky going to the bridge yesterday :( , so I'll pass on your kind offer. Got to ask though, why is she a total pain :biggrin:

Lynda

Hi,

Its the Bishop Burton Teams. Pauline, Riotus_UK, is our Team Manager, who is also having a nightmare with her van breaking down and Sky going to the bridge yesterday :( , so I'll pass on your kind offer. Got to ask though, why is she a total pain :biggrin:

Lynda

Poor Pauline sounds like she is having a bad time at the moment :(

Why is Annie a total pain - we have been doing flyball for three years now and she is still in starters :ohmy: . She is one of the most laid back collies I know outside flyball but get her into the arena and she turns totally hyper and manic. She wants to go to the other dogs, up the other lane and often won't come back. Things had been really improving this year with her perfect in training and starters, and she even got over 100 points at Daventry a few weeks ago. But since then she has gone down hill again, sometimes she is fine, other times not so we won't be offended if you don't want her in your team :biggrin: :biggrin: . She and us love flyball so we will keep trying with her, maybe when she is about 10 she will have calmed down enough to do it right :rolleyes:

Come and say hello as I will be spending most of the weekend behind a computer doing the photos :)

Cathie

ps are you from the college, if so we would be really interested in talking to you, there is a young girl on our team who is very bright and is keen to work with animals. As she doesn't come from an academic family she has been asking OH and me what she should be doing. We were looking at the prospectus for Bishop Burton a while back and would be intersted in what she would need to do to study there. She is only 13 at the moment so got plenty of time.

hi Cathie,

Thankyou for the offer I've passed eveything over to Pauline as I know she has been hunting for a spare dog too!

I'm a "mature" :laugh: student at Bishop Burton on the Foundation Degree in Canine Behaviour and Training via distance learinig but Pauline is the Course Manager though she's on Summner Hols now having a well earned break from us awful students!

Lynda

Annie would be a perfect casestudy for you all, why does this placid dog turn totally hyper at the sight of flyball :biggrin: :biggrin:

Just talked to OH he thinks we might have a starter team in, but if you are there on a different day you are welcome to borrow her. Which day are you going? We also have another starter dog in our team if you want an extra one.