UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Advice Please

Spins4me

My 16 month old Spinone boy has just eaten a fairly full tub of Mobility Support tablets - main ingredient seems to be Vitamin E. I've rung the vet and he's said "He'll just be livelier" as if a 16 month old dog could be any livelier! He is behaving normally, hasn't thrown up and nothing from the other end - yet.

I may be being ultra cautious but does anyone have any experience or knowledge of Vit E overdose?

not a hundred % sure but i would think that a vit E overdose would have to be over a long time, i would think that you wouldn't get an overdose in one go with vits as the body will just expell the excess, unlike some thing like Paracetamol that is stored in the liver

i would think that you wouldn't get an overdose in one go with vits as the body will just expell the excess

I've been doing some reading. There are some vitamins that are stored in the body's fat cells, others are water soluble and they're the ones that the body expels. Vit E is water soluble so is expelled. There has certainly been some expelling overnight in the form of "excessive flatulence" but apart from that he's fine.

I've just lit several incense sticks and put them all around the house - need I say more!!

It's been very reassuring to have the replies - thanks. :flowers:

If you need more than the incense sticks, simply striking a match and blowing it out does the trick :wink: Very occasionally I've needed two or three, but usually one is enough.

Glad there's nothing worse than that, I'll send Reiki if he'd like it.

If you need more than the incense sticks, simply striking a match and blowing it out does the trick :wink: Very occasionally I've needed two or three, but usually one is enough.

Glad there's nothing worse than that, I'll send Reiki if he'd like it.

He would love Reiki, thank you. :flowers: I'm wondering if you've already sent some as he was so good at training today, really focussed and didn't run off to disrupt other classes or any of the other things he usually does. I was really proud of him and felt that there is light at the end of the tunnel. His tummy is much better too.