UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Is There A Vet In The House?

raiye

I apologise in advance if I say anything ofensive I TRULY don't mean to. I am desperately worried for your dog.

He needs taking to another vet for a second opinion, and a full work up, not just a general check and xray of bits that the vet/you are guessing about.

Either the vet you have does not know how poorly the dog is or he is just not a good vet if you have told him all these things.

I don't think it is a good idea to put "moods" in the equation unless you realise that a painfree healthy dog is usually in a good mood and a poorly dog in pain is usually depressed and not eating.

If you are worried about the costs, can the rescue you got him from help?

Please take him somewhere :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest patch

I have to agree, Raiye, he needs to be seen by another vet ASAP. If he has a blockage, no ammount of lectade will help, and if he has a blood disorder or whatever else may be going on, he needs help now, not later. If he is bing sick, he will dehydrate more every time and cant just keep being syringed Lectade, he might need a drip to get him properly hydrated, and needs those bloods testing.

Please understand, we dont know him and can`t see him, so we can only go by what you have said about how he is but he does sound very poorly indeed.

Please call the out of hours vet, this sounds very worrying :GroupHug: :(

He needs taking to another vet for a second opinion, and a full work up, not just a general check and xray of bits that the vet/you are guessing about.

Either the vet you have does not know how poorly the dog is or he is just not a good vet if you have told him all these things.

I don't think it is a good idea to put "moods" in the equation unless you realise that a painfree healthy dog is usually in a good mood and a poorly dog in pain is usually depressed and not eating.

If you are worried about the costs, can the rescue you got him from help?

Please take him somewhere :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Another one who feels the same. If money is a problem getting appropriate or expert vet treatment, can you take him to the PDSA? But I'm sure the rescue would help you, you've only recently acquired your two younger dogs, haven't you? - perhaps, also, if there was initial rescue insurance it would mean he's covered?

Just to let you all know....Chase has perked up a lot today. He had some eggs for breakfast and is drinking voluntarily too. Have talked with my vet and full bloods are being done tomorrow while his stitches are coming out. Also going to check for any blockages in the bowel too.

Have decided a chiropractor is where we're going next if nothing shows on the bloods.

Thanx guys for all youradvice and help. Its extremely appreciated. And I have no doubt I will be here again soon.

Chase didnt have chance to get rescue status so no one to fall back on for help, am working on a sugar daddy! hehe. We would very much like to do an MRI scan so fingers crossed for the future. I WILL get to the bottom of this by hook or by crook.

Cheers again guys. If good wishes were pennies, Id be very rich.

Have been back to the vet this morning with Chase. Were perscribed Tagamet syrup to help stop him being sick, so now hes keeping the fluids down. And some Synulox antiiotics because his tempreture was raised and he sounded a little rattly. Hes lost 2 kilos though, and he wasnt on his ideal weight to start with :huh:

Hes on bed rest with water being syringed as before and we can take him back at any time ofcourse if he worries us over the weekend.

Our vet has recomended going in an orthopedic rather than chiropractor direction. He thinks theres pain in his back and that this would be the best way to go. Also hydrotherapy to help build his muscles up and build up his confidence. We're agreed that his back end is also the cause of his fear agression so at the mo, all other training than basic has been put on the back burner until hes sorted! :)

No bloods today, are planned for Tuesday if he doesnt pick up any.

I think theres an improvement already now hes not being sick, he seems to be getting his appetite back now too. And he has eaten some of his dinner tonight.

No bloods today, are planned for Tuesday if he doesnt pick up any.

That's Tuesday 18th? 9 days after you posted you were worried? Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but if Chase had come from White Lodge, I would have intervened by now.

Do you have confidence in your vet? If not, PLEASE find another. I have no idea what is going on, but the symptoms need investigating properly in case urgent treatment is needed.

If you are prepared to travel, we use a brilliant sighthound savvy orthopaedic vet, but he is in Leicestershire.

I do have faith in him. 110% . He thought that we shouldnt be treating them as the same and treat each problem seperately. And it seems to have worked. He hasnt been sick since the medicine and he ate all of his tripe for dinner tonight. Hes really starting to be more like himself again.

Now we need to decide where to go from here with regards to his back. ??