UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August 22

Jazz

Chiropractor said nothing displaced or damaged but sacroiliac joint seems to have jammed up, all muscles inflamed and affecting nerves down to foot, also ligaments, the lot! She managed to loosen it up a bit but I have to keep putting ice packs on. She thinks it will feel better over the next couple of days and is seeing me again on Tuesday. I am also using a vibromassager on the affected leg muscles. Still in much pain and taking paracetamol. Gentle exercise only.

• Like 1

Lucky escape for your eyes, Jazz.

Hope the IBS improves soon, Eve.

Spent last night on the zero gravity garden lounger, brought it into the house. First bit of relief from pain. Offending mattress now outside awaiting my next run to the tip. New mattress arrived, will try it out tonight.

There is a huge fire at a tyre recycling place in a nearby village, Ranskill. 14 fire engines from 4 counties plus all kinds of equipment are still fighting it, since early this morning. The smoke is heading towards the reserve, hope it doesn't drop sparks. Quantities of very stupid people are going to Ranskill to watch and video it all, and are getting in the way of the firefighters.

Hope you feel better soon, Eve.  IBS is not nice.

I hope your new mattress does the trick, owl.   It is difficult to know if a mattress is right for you until you have soent time sleeping on it.

1000 tyres. Quite dramatic pictures of the fire on the BBC news site.  Police urged people to stay away and residents to keep doors and windows closed.

It must smell vile.

Fire has been completely contained but firefighters still on site making safe.

New mattress good, but realised the 2nd hand sofabed is as much to blame. Trevor came over and helped me heave it outside. New mattress on carpet feels wonderful. Hoping for a better night, after much pain today, and muzzy head from lack of sleep. 

I hope you can find a comfortable bed., owl.

Had a great catch up on Facetime with my son and his fiance. They have had big problems with their employer- they both worked for the same firm but in very different roles- but they managed to orchestrate a suitable leaving package as in what will you pay me to leave/

They can now take a few months to destress and  investigate options for the future.  Thea are both very happy about it which is important.

A quiet day here. Spent eh afternoon trying to access the premium bonds website. It eventually told me my account was suspended for security reasons and I had to phone them.  I decide just to cash them in . That was easier.

I have had 2 since 1959 and never won a bean with them. Another £500 bought 2000 which gave a few £25 prizes at first but nothing for years. 

it will pay for a new bedroom carpet for the spare bedroom once I have cleared  out the  room. 

At present I am going through loads of  packets of old photographs. The family will not be interested in them so I might as well  discard the ones that are irrelevant now.  I look at sone and think who is that? What is that?  Where is that?