UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August 22

Jazz

Started the month on a good note, found my missing passport which expired in 1966! This means I can get a new one in 2 weeks, the passport office say, rather than waiting for the first application to go through. They have been doing their best, and would have done the required interview by Zoom as I have already been to their Peterborough office, but still would have been several more weeks. 

Murphy used to look years younger after he had been to the groomer. He still had plenty of coat- collie/retriever cross- but she got rid of all the brown, harsh dead coat which would not comb or blow out.

He also had his lovely black coat back instead of dull brown.

Are you going somewhere nice , owl? 

I dug mine out last week as I thought it expired next year. My son hopes to get married in Romania in the near future, when all the bureaucratic formalities are completed, so wanted to make sure I had enough time left on it. You need 3 months after your date of leaving.

I was pleased to find it doesn't expire until 2025 so one thing less to organise.

I am absolutely not going abroad. My day out by train to Peterborough was enough of a culture shock. Need the passport to deal with some family business abroad, other countries won't accept any ID other than a passport. I don't have to go there personally, just a photo of my passport. 

Could not leave Wispa anyway. I can go away for the day and friend will feed her, but she is very dependent on me now that she is so old and frail, and I would worry about her. Other folk can't read her body language and understand what she is saying, not as well as I can.

same with  merlin. hes 14. getting frail, runs into the wall, falls off the sofa, but still telling me the time, enjoying his food and treats. is fine most of the time, but I can see hes growing old

I dont like going away, always counting the nights till I get home to the dogs

• Like 1

found a tiny collar to fit elliot, a newborn kittens one lol

hope your back feels better x

been shopping, £14 for the week lol forgotten what its like to eat real food. the GP agreed it could be fibro effecting my stomach. no cure, already on pills. Oh well, cheap bills and pill sandwiches lol

Hope the chiropractor helps Owl.

If we want to go on holiday it has to be somewhere we can take the dogs with us. Wont be this year as Richard can hardly walk at all now. He's waiting to hear if he needs a hip or knee replacement. He's in agony in both.

• Sad 1

Good luck with the chiropractor , owl.

My DIL has started going to one. She had a scan done and she has a congenital bone issue in her neck.

A neighbour where I used to live needed both and the surgeon said knee first and  the knee takes the strain when you are recovering from the hip operation.

Edited by blackmagic