UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July 22

Jazz

Woke to sound of tyres on wet road, and smell of wet earth drifting in through open window. Much cooler, steady drizzle :) 

Had to call fire brigade last night as suddenly saw a plume of black smoke pouring up from waste land not far away. Soon stopped, good to have fire station in village.  We have had a number of fires locally, a couple were very serious and destroyed woodland, fields, hedgerows. The worst was started by litter in hedgerows catching alight.

Evening all, hope everyone is well.

Hectic few days here as we had a leak coming through the kitchen ceiling. Had to get some of the ceiling taken down and reboarded and replastered. We're having the kitchen refurbished - new doors and drawer fronts etc rather than replacing the whole lot as the units are good quality just not to my liking and the workmen were starting today so I had to paint the ceiling prior to them coming. 3 coats later and it still looks awful but I ran out of time and energy so it will have to do for now. New worktops are fitted and look great and a new sink is in so I'm happy with it so far. New flooring and range cooker hopefully going in tomorrow. The main thing is it won't be white - white kitchen with 3 dogs and a messy husband really doesn't work 🤣