UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July 22

Jazz

We have hit 30. Wispa and I were up and of garden under the big conifers, usually ok there, but she began to pant and drool so back into house and cool mat in front of the industrial fan. Now asleep and breathing normally. 

Glad you have a cool house to shelter in, owl.

A few years ago, I spent a week's holiday in London with temperatures in the 30's.

Hotel supplied  fans which we ran non stop day and night. 

Trying to get get dry after a shower wa a lost cause.

We enjoyed the underground aquarium - very cool and refreshing.

So many pubs and theatres were using portable air conditioning units that the electricity failed over a large area of London.- just after we placed our food order!

So, onto the theatre to see Blood Brothers. The theatre were giving out free bottles of water as it was so hot inside.

39 here. Industrial fan on full blast in living room. Ordinary fan on in kitchen, which stays cooler because it is an extension with concrete floor under vinyl. Wispa asleep on a cool-ish squashy bed in kitchen. Trevor asleep on sofa in front of living room fan.  Me feeling bleurgh as heat always wipes me out, thinking maybe we will just manage to get through tomorrow after all.

Was 41 here, just dropping to 40.  Hot wind, like Sahara. Fans cannot keep up with it. Wispa has gone up garden into a den under a conifer which she dug out years ago. Just going to check on her.  I may have eaten too much ice cream, could not face anything else. 

Temperature dropping,sky clouded over, we made it through the day without anyone getting heatstroke though Wispa's breathing is still a bit of a pant, heart still a bit fast. Silly girl will not accept a cool damp towel either over or under her, but likes the coolmat.  I am still feeling sick, should not have eaten ice cream or anything else until it got cooler.  Trevor was asleep most of the afternoon in front of fan with wet towel round neck, has gone home now. Wish I could have slept but no chance, hopefully will do so tonight. 

A vet advised soaking a dog  with water was better that wet towels. 
We also have a warm breeze and temperature 40.9 in the sun. Son and Dil spent morning in air conditioned cinema.

so many fires and property damaged. Just read a rescue had to appeal for help to evacuate their animals due to dreading fire. 

Good morning, cooler here and we may even have a few showers. Wispa's breathing was back to normal at 11 pm, then checked fish tank before going to bed and found the water temp was still way too high in spite of replacing some of the water with cold.  Discovered that an air bubbler was overheating and blowing hot air into the water. Replaced that with a spare one I have, fish very happy, back to correct temp this morning.

Grandson has tested positive for covid tonight.  I was babysitting last night so will see what happens. I have avoided it so far- touch wood.

Cooler today but still hot and sticky tonight. The breeze has dropped.

I did mange to cut my grass this afternoon and water the back garden.  Will need to do the pots out the front tomorrow.

We don't have rain forecast until possible showers on Friday.