UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb 22

Jazz

Good evening. Extreme winds here, blew in a male sparrowhawk who crash landed on the shed looking a bit stunned before recovering and flying off up the garden, and blew away a blue sock, a green sock, and a long sleeved thermal top. It has done good service for many years, hope it lands on someone who can make use of it.

Edited by owl

A but windy here but cold. 

Many years ago we had a big January gale and next morning our large chimney pot was planted firmly upright in the garden.

There were telegraph poles   lining the road outside our gate and a pair of long johns were caught on the wires. They were there for weeks.

Afternoon

Wet and windy here so now drying out after a soggy walk. A tin of soup heated me up.

My son's fiance has tested negative , the first time since Sunday. She says she is glad she is triple vaccinated as  it could have been worse if she wasn't. She had slept and coughed most of the time. She slept for 15 hours at one point.

blackmagic, glad your son's fiancee has recovered at last

Hi babilina, hope you settle in ok.

I have been rather out of things, what with awful weather and my right eyelid and face around eye suddenly swelling up. Eye itself is ok, strange. Seems to be improving with some ointment from pharmacist. if not have to see GP.

Edited by owl

That sounds odd, owl. I hope it resolves quickly. We need our eyes.

My son has an eye conundrum at the moment. One eye is higher in the socket than the other  and his sight in that eye has changed dramatically. From short sighted to long sighted. 

The optician can find nothing so he is getting a check from the nurse practitioner later this week.

Freezing cold but dry here. We are supposed to get an artic blast next week.