UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December 21

Jazz

Plodding on. Fed up with dark nights.

Snow cleared and became rain.

Grandson's dance class concert was excellent- everything from toddlers to late teens. - 39 dances in all.

One little girl kept interrupting her dancing to wave  frantically, presumably her mum etc.

A lot of work went into  organising that for so many children over a wide age span. 

• Like 1

Plodding on here likewise. Just had a break in the rain but it's coming back. Drier with less wind tomorrow so will get out and about. Wispa is getting better about accepting help up the stairs, but I am planning a reorganisation starting in a couple of days, from whenever my friend can help me heave Wispa's ancient fat squashy leather armchair out of house and into my van. She can't climb into it now, and the seat has totally sagged.  Was a freebie in 2009 so has done well. That will make room for a folding bed for me next to her downstairs bed, and the sitting room becomes a bedsitter. 

Cleo can manage the stairs but she cannot jump in the car.  I have a ramp but she does nit like it. She took a while to learn to out her front paws up and I would hoik the back end in. She now puts the paws up when I say 'paws up' and stands waiting as if to say ' come on, servant'. 

Murphy never accepted he could no longer jump in the car., even at 14.  You had to catch him before he tried as he would clatter against the car. I got a harness with a handle on the back and when he 'jumped' I lifted him with the harness handle.

The same getting out. He could jump out but could not support his weight on landing. If you lifted him out he still jumped in your arms , so again, we held the handle and controlled his landing.

He thought he was jumping in and out so was happy.

Just had a drizzly walk. 

• Like 1