UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December 21

Jazz

Lewis should get a PCR test. LFT'S  are not very accurate and produce false negatives.

I have just read of someone who had negative LFT yesterday but also did  PCR TEST. a  negative  LFT  test today but the PCR result has come in as positive.  PCR is much more accurate.

Hopefully, he just has the horrible cold that is going about. 

Lasr presents wrapped for tomorrow. I am going to my son's and will stay over until Christmas Sunday- Boxing Day cannot be a Sunday so strictly Boxing Day is Monday.   

I am staying as then I can have  some celebratory drinks as I won't have to drive  home.

Had a good day yesterday. We FaceTimed my son  and fiancé (he gave her an engagement ring for  Christmas) and played a remote quiz with them. Then we chatted as if they were here with us. In all 5 hours. We really enjoyed being able to ‘be together’ . Hopefully, we we will be able to meet up in March when they usually came for a visit until COVID got in the way. Just had a long, cold walk with Cleo and now going to have some soup to heat me up.  

• Like 1

Looks like another day of drizzle.

I ended up doing more cooking at Christmas than expected.  As a committed Yule-dodger I usually eat much the same as usual, but on Christmas Eve my electric grill/omelette maker thingy blew up with a might bang and tripped the circuit switch, Binned the thing and turned electric back on but had not realised that it had also blown a small extension which also carried the plus for halogen oven and  small counter-top freezer. Found out next day when the oven wouldn't work, and found things had started to defrost. So had to cook lots of veggies etc for Christmas dinner and then made a huge ratatouille to eat yesterday and today. It will be a long time before I can face another red pepper or mushroom again. No meat in there as I don't eat it and Wispa has her own under-counter freezer for raw feed.