UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July 21

Jazz

That's a good start, weeing in garden. Quick learner!

So much cooler here today, whew!

Yesterday I had day off from my watering duties, thought ok stay home and keep as cool as I can, relax. Checked village Facebook group, sudden emergency. A lady had been to the new council cemetery and found someone had scattered sharp nails all over the car park. Strong sharp ones over an inch long. She had to go to work, said there was a man there trying to clear them up. So I said I would get down there asap with broom and dustpan. Arrived, no man there. Not surprised, impossible to do it all by hand, and of course tehy were in full sun and red hot to touch. I set to work protected by hat and loads of sunscreen, swept half the car park, managed to stop 2 cars from driving on to them. Then the council workers arrived in big van. I ran across and shouted at them to stop, they ignored me so I got in front of the van, jumped up and down waving the broom, shouting STOP. They looked disgusted with me, couldn't work out why. Then when I got them to understand and showed them the nails, they said don't worry, our problem now, and got out the leaf blower which was much easier than broom.

Later I realised why they looked at me, appalled. Poor guys, sweltering in regulation council hi vis overalls, going to do routine work at cemetery, and suddenly a crazy old lady wearing a big hat and cargo shorts rushes at them brandishing a broom and yelling. They must have thought that was the last thing they needed, a confrontation with the village witch. 

• Haha 3

My son lives in Romania with his partner.

her father is building a house and has three old street dogs in the 'garden'. He was feeding them and told the dog catcher   that they were his dogs and he was not to take them. The dog catcher replied he could not do that so her dad  took them into the yard where he is building his house. They have shelter and he feeds them.

He had two together and then found another one. Unfortunately the third one and the the fist two do not get on. He had hoped they would all bed down together but no such luck.

Dogs and cats have a hard life in Romania,

My son's partner  loves cats. . She brought her own one over to Edinburgh when she was here for six months and then took him back to Romania n when she returned.

She paid for veterinary treatment for a little feral cat that her neighbour took in. but couldn't afford to pay for the vet   when it became ill.  Unfortunately, it died.  But there was a little stray in the vets at the same time. Dana  paid for it and gave it to her  neighbour.

Your little visitor has a new life ahead now.