UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May 21

Jazz

Just seen on facebook that they had snow in Derbyshire today. Winter is still letting  us know it has not gone away yet.

When my son was born 25 May 1975 it was snowing,  I came home on Monday in freezing temperatures and by Friday  we had a heatwave that lasted until the middle of August.

I had to hang the nappies out  overnight to prevent them drying brick hard.

• Like 1

Van repairable, not as expensive as I had feared. Should be back on road by end of Friday if not before. Replacement part arrives tomorrow, mechanic is already stripping stuff down in preparation.

its threatening to rain again, washing the garden, saves me doing it

went to tescos then the charity shop, wanted a bin to put this big bag of food in, got one for £2 so saved me going elsewhere

• Like 1

Hi all, thought I would pop in to say hello as I thought you would be wishing Sue a Happy Birthday. I will be going in to see her in about an hour and I will pass on your messages.

She is being well looked after at the Ashgate Hospice, however there is a slow deterioration in her condition. She has days where she is lucid and other days where she doesn't

remember if people have been in to visit. Her concept of time is skewed as well, which makes for interesting conversations! Especially as she thought yesterday was the sixth and was upset there were no cards.

Hoping today is a good one, thank you all for the love, care and positive thoughts you are sending to Sue.

Philip