UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April 21

Jazz

You're queen of the bargains Jazz lol.

Shops were allowed to open again from today so we popped over on the ferry to have a mooch and hopefully do some shopping. Richard had some vouchers from Christmas he wanted to spend and managed to find a few things. I couldn't find mine - I put them somewhere 'safe' lol. Didn't matter anyway as I didn't see anything I wanted but got a few bits for the dogs and some passion flowers.

Food has fitted in the container, brill. Last night someone put up a cat tree and other cat bits, said yes please, so lewis brought it round. ive got the bits and lewis has taken the cat tree back for his cat. 

We have written some questions for the surgeon on thursday. 

Good morning. This morning my friend Trevor and I went to Thoresby Park for the second half of beginners' Nordic walking course. Rain held off and it all went well. I am very pleased that I can walk so much further with the poles as they take the pressure off my dodgy ankle. Trevor has taken to it really well and thinks it will get him back to hillwalking and maybe even serious mountaineering with practice. 

Getting a real drought here and only had drizzle today where rain was forecast. I will be back to weekend watering duties at the Muddy Fork project at this rate. I don't mind as they have had a number of standpipes put in, so I will not be reliant on lengths of hosepipe joined together (and occasionally disconnecting).

A parcel just arrived which was a bit of a surprise. I had ordered 6 x hemp milk from Good Hemp. The sender's sticker said Good Hemp. Couldn't understand why it had Fragile Glass stickers all over it, as usually is tetrapak cartons. Opened it up, and it contained 3 x Punjabi ketchup and 3 x Mango Chilli ketchup from a firm called Pica. I am all for culinary adventures and fusion cookery, but would not enjoy either of those items on my breakfast porridge in the morning. Though they would wake me up quickly. Obviously a mixup at a packing depot which serves several firms.

Good Hemp are as baffled as I am. They pack all their own products and there is no way they can see that 6 hemp milks could have been replaced by 6 Indian ketchups.  Their customer services will look into it tomorrow. There must be a logical explanation but no one so far can work out what it is.