UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April 21

Jazz

Good morning. Litter picking today, as found theĀ empties etc from hard-drinking illegal fishing party last night, and was too tired to tackle the mess. Good thing there is a council recycling centre and tip very close to theĀ reserve.

good on you xx

merlin and dylan are on painkillers, so sorting out their medicine, and mine. found some oramorph ooo

doing a shopping list, going monday, but that might change as lewis is doing the rotas for everyone for 6 weeks. farmfoods has good things on offer, and vouchers, so ill be in there before tesco

hospital rung. got 15 people ahead of me for shoulder surgery, shes going to email the surgeon and see if I need to be higher on the list

reserved my fist 'magic bag' from the spar. pick it up tonight. I want dog food and cans of drink in it, whats the chances lol

Ā 

I had a message from Phillip on facebook a short while ago - nothing other than what he already shared on here. Like all of you I have offered whatever support that I can and told her that I am keeping her in my thoughts. I really do hope that she can come home and at least have the summer with Philip and the family.Ā 

• Like 1

Hello all, I haven't posted anything over the last day as there hasn't been a lot of change in her condition. They have found that she has a staphyloccus aureus infection and have changed her AB's to target this.

They did try to get her to stand today but she was unable to hold her head up, so they used a hoist to get her into a chair to try and strengthen her core muscles. She was also have trouble breathing this morning and they gave her oxygen which seems to have helped, and when i saw her this afternoon she had been taken off it.

She was asleep for the first fifteen minutes I was there, and she said it was a wonderful surprise to wake and see me sat there.Ā 

They have upped her morphine dose to make her comfortable. I spoke to one of the hospital admins about the care she would receive when she comes home, but this is on the basis that she has some mobility.

HoweverĀ  I hate to have to say this but at present I cannot see Sue ever being able to be mobile enough again to come home.Ā  She was given an ultrasound of her heart today, and also had a discussion with a nurse about DNR or as they now call it DNAR. She was asked in the event of a heart attack would she wish to for them to attempt resuscitation, she gave an emphatic NO!Ā 

Her daughter Mandy has been given special dispensation to see her for 15 of the 60 minutes visiting time she has each day. We are also going to try and see if we can get her son, Mark, in at some point. He has to travel up from the south coast, but he hasn't seen his mum in nearly sixteen months we want to see if we can get him in to see Sue.

I will update you if anything significant happens, but at the moment any changes in Sue are very gradual.