UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April 21

Jazz

I have just had an online call from Suzeanna, between her being very poorly and my ears not being good this morning, it was all a bit muffled but what I got is that she is waiting for an ambulance. After spending the night on her recliner because she could not get upstairs, she woke this morning with no movement in one leg and one arm. She wanted me to let people know why she won't be around.

Hello everybody, Philip here, As you may have guessed my darling wife is back in hospital. She was taken off to hospital at 05.00 this morning after spending the night on the sofa. She was very weak in her arms and she had no motor function in her right leg. I managed to get a bag ready for her so this time she has her phone, Fire, reading glasses and a charger with her! 

She has called this morning and has given the news she can now wiggle the toes on her right foot! I will keep you all updated.

Happy Birthday Eve, from both of us! xx

Just looked back on posts and seen Owl has posted earlier.

Edited by suzeanna

Sorry to read about Suzeanna. All best wishes to  her and to you,  Philip.

Happy Birthday, Eve. Have a good  birthday.

Spent yesterday  at my son's flat packing up what he wants to  keep. One of his friends came to help and he is going to store the stuff in his  spare room until it can be transported to  Romania. That has still be worked out. I don't think he realised just how much it would be.

Today I am stiff and tired so won't be doing much.

Philip here,  the last couple of days have been "interesting" Sue spend most of Sunday in the EMU at the Chesterfield Royal where she had an MRI scan. This showed that there was a small fracture of one of her vertebrae (C5 or C7) in her upper neck. There was also a cluster of "something" at this point too. Conclusion being either blood from the fracture or an infection. This was pressing on the nerves causing all the problems.  There is another ongoing infection and to top it she now has thrush in her mouth!. She was on IV antibiotics yesterday

Late last night she was moved onto a ward and today had another MRI scan, this time with contrast fluid, to see if they could determine what the cluster was.  Currently waiting on Weston Park to come back with what is going on there.  She had a chat with a senior consultant today and was told that there is a procedure that can be used, they would knock her out and use a needle to suck out whatever is there.

The only problem here is that it is very risky putting a needle into bone that has been subjected to radiotherapy. It can shatter the bone, with obvious consequences.  After many differing answers, visitors are allowed, but it has to be the same person and they are allocated an hour a a specific time, so at 15.00 today I got to see Sue. Took her some bits and pieces in that she wanted. I told her i had posted here and that you all had her in your thoughts.

That is how things currently, I expect tomorrow will give more information from Weston Park.   I will try to keep you all updated as and when I can.

Philip