UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb 21

Jazz

Glad we stayed home, we have been popping out into garden at regular intervals and that was quite enough. Thaw again this afternoon, freezing fast now. 

Dog theft now up 250% since lockdown.  Media are taking it up, police very active, people won't stand for it any more. All team at Doglost working very hard, good thing we have a much bigger team now.

I see some lower than usual lowlife tried to steal a guide dog from a partially sighted young woman, luckily she realised and shouted at him and he ran off.  Also two men tried to steal a pup from a young guy who is a boxer, they got the worse of it and skedaddled.  They had quite a big thing about dog theft on BBC Breakfast but it needs to be on all the tv and radio stations, to make people really aware of it.

my disabled friend, in a wheelchair, was taking her disabled dogs, on wheels, to a park in london, when a foreign man came up to her, asked where a place was on a map, then pushed the map in her face, tried to grab the dogs, she screamed, people came over and chased him off. the dogs could only have been used as bait dogs. they will find a purpose whatever the dog

• Sad 1

There's still so many people leave their dogs tied up outside shops here - I see it daily and it makes me shudder. I know this town often seems like it's in a bygone era but the 'real world' isn't that far away. What makes people think "I need to go the shops, I'll take the dog". It's not just elderly people who might struggle to do two separate walks either.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, suzeanna said:

I see some lower than usual lowlife tried to steal a guide dog from a partially sighted young woman, luckily she realised and shouted at him and he ran off.  Also two men tried to steal a pup from a young guy who is a boxer, they got the worse of it and skedaddled.  They had quite a big thing about dog theft on BBC Breakfast but it needs to be on all the tv and radio stations, to make people really aware of it.

It will be. It is gathering such momentum that co ordinators are rushed off their feet. Phones have been ringing all day from various media both local and national, several of the team gave interviews today. Watch this space, as they say.

Jazz, when did that incident happen. with your  friend?

Edited by owl
  • Like 1

I have a rape alarm which I was given years ago, by the police, in case of assault in my customer facing job. I must look it out and see if it is working.

I read advice to carry a personal alarm handy  in your pocket so you can sound it if necessary. The noise will startle them and alert others around you.

It is vey easy to get complacent when you think you know where you live but these low life travel around looking their chance.

When I lived up north it was common for dogs to left tied up outside shops. Particularly the Coop which was frequented  by the older generation.

My grandson couldn't understand  why I would not leave Cleo tied up outside Sainsbury's., which many do.  He left his scooter tied up outside the corner shop and it was gone when he came out. he came home and told his mum, When she went back to the shop it had been returned.

I pointed out to him what had happened to his   scooter  but he he replied 'But I got it back'. I explained I did not want to have to get  Cleo back!

We have 12 inches of snow so have not been out today. Cleo was a bit bewildered when she went outside this morning and sank into it.

• Like 1

A post came up on my FB earlier from the local Police, saying a man was going round putting red ribbons on gates of houses where dogs where and one area it was happening was uncomfortably close to us, just a couple of villages along.  Good news about the spread of info Owl, but there will probably still be folk who think oh, not my dog, or not my area.

London, one of the big parks. yes they were. they said its happening all the time. what they are doing round here is, a man goes past you on a bike, 'falls off'. as you go to help, 2 men push you on the floor and grab the dogs. its happened on the field next to my house, and someone is putting poison in dog food near the path. me being on a zimmer with little dogs, might as well wave a flag 'come and get me'.

• Sad 2